2006 Peugeot Partner Combi 1.9D - DW8 engine idle - top drive

got a dw8 engine , recently the alternator fried its self and i fitted a new one

pretty sure my idle is reversed since then - when i first start it it idles at 900 rpm and when warm it goes to 1100 rpm and it used to do the opposite

where do i look to fix this - likely to be the wax stat (does this engine have one ? - all my spannering experiance has been done on a 2.5TD land rover 90 ) or a relay somewhere ? or did the alternator damage the ECU - it did take out some other bulbs on the way out as the voltage regulator was what died

thanks in advance

oh and there is no longer a (solenoid type) buzz from the engine bay when at glow plug position on ignition

ok. got the solenoid buzz back last night by tapping the solenoid - if i then fire up the engine it fast idles correctly and lowers down to a low idle.

if i switch the engine off and go to start again no solenoid and the engine does it old trick of going the wrong way.

sticky solenoid it is then.

how ever the idle values are still way off what they used to be - ive adjusted them to suit using the idle screw but this wasnt adjusted before - does simply changing the alternator change the idle value some how ?