Scotch Guard any good? - alapppy
Hi

Some dealers have advised having the carpets and seats protected with a scotch guard type of procedure. Has any had this done and if so does if really protect the interior?

I ask this I am looking to buy a new car with a light coloured interior and would like to keep it looking newer, longer if possible

thanks for any comments

alan
Scotch Guard any good? - Hazychris
My Ford dealer wanted £299 to do this on my 2nd hand Mondeo - not bleedin' likely! Ordered the one with the black trim instead :-)

Cheers,
Chris
Scotch Guard any good? - Martin Wall
Well it works a treat on sofas if you wipe of spillages promptly but as to getting car seats treated it sounds like another easy way to make cash for the dealer - if you want easy to clean car seats get leather I guess...
Scotch Guard any good? - M.M
Buy a 5lit can of the stuff for about £25 and you'll be able to do loads of cars.

Yes it does help to keep the seats clean but the dealer job is like so many of these things where they uplift £10 of materials and 30mins labour into a staggering cost to you.

Just had a pensioner customer scammed into spending hundreds on a similar treatment for the black leather in his new Volvo. He'd never have got them dirty in the life of the car anyway.

MM
Scotch Guard any good? - Drivethru
Alan

Much cheaper to buy a can of scotch guard yourself. I was offered this for my car, I refused and then saw cans of genuine scotch guard being sold for £1 at discount shop, must have been changing the labels or something like that. Another good product is Auto Glym Interior shampoo, it's easy to use and freshens up the upholstery and carpets.
Scotch Guard any good? - J Bonington Jagworth
FWIW, real Scotchguard was withdrawn by 3M some time ago because of the possibility that one of its components could accumulate in the body. We use mats (from obsolete carpet pattern books) and try not to get in the car when covered in mud! My 13-year old Audi has light grey upholstery that still looks fine...
Scotch Guard any good? - THe Growler
Old bedsheets on the seats and yesterday's newspaper on the floor work fine. Seats and carpet stay like new.
Scotch Guard any good? - Carmad 10000
We got scotch guard done to our scenic 2 years ago when we brought it new. It really hasnt been that good noticable. Also we had the 'silver seal' thing done to the paint which has actually been no better than the paint finish itself.
Scotch Guard any good? - Drivethru
I agree, its been mentioned here before that the best protection for your car is Auto Glym super resin polish followed by Auto Glym extra gloss protection. I've found this to be the best finish for my car and much cheaper.