Vauxhall Corsa D 1.2 (2010 model) - VX Corsa 1.2 petrol (2010 model) losing coolant - craig-pd130

10 days ago, I bought a 60-plate VX Corsa 1.2 85bhp petrol 5-door for my wife, it's a Network Q job. Done 14,000 miles, was serviced 1000 miles and 2 months before we bought it.

When we got the car home and I had a good furtle under the bonnet, the coolant level seemed a bit low, it was a couple of inches under the marking on the header tank.

Since then, I’ve added a total of 750ml of coolant (in two lots, a few days apart) but the level still seems to be dropping.

The coolant is still bright pink, no oily traces in it and no petrol / oil smell; there's no trace of mayonnaise under the oil cap or on the dipstick either. No obvious signs of leaks from any of the hoses & connections, bottom of the radiator is dry.

The car does sometimes make an audible 'sloshing' noise from behind the dash about 5 seconds after you start it from cold, it only sloshes for a second or two.

So my questions are: could it be an air bubble / air lock somewhere that’s working its way out? In which case, should I top up one more time and monitor the level?

Or should I go the warranty route with the dealer immediately?

Any pointers welcome -- unfortunately the dealer we bought it from is 120 miles away so I'd like to get as much info as I can before I go back to them and start talking courtesy cars etc.

Thanks, Craig

Edited by craig-pd130 on 11/01/2012 at 09:25

Vauxhall Corsa D 1.2 (2010 model) - VX Corsa 1.2 petrol (2010 model) losing coolant - Cris_on_the_gas

i'd go back to the dealer, don't sound right

Vauxhall Corsa D 1.2 (2010 model) - VX Corsa 1.2 petrol (2010 model) losing coolant - Victorbox

Doesn't the Network Q contract allow you to reject the car within a certain number of days? While you may give them a chance to "repair" the car I think you have good grounds to walk away with your money or at least change the car.

Edited by Victorbox on 11/01/2012 at 14:23

Vauxhall Corsa D 1.2 (2010 model) - VX Corsa 1.2 petrol (2010 model) losing coolant - craig-pd130

Thanks both.

@ Victorbox - yes, NetworkQ do have a '30-day exchange pledge' for 'faults that cannot be repaired to a satisfactory standard'.

I have registered this issue with the supplying dealer and with their central customer care line, and booked car in for inspection at VX main dealer. I will report back on findings and how the dealer handles this.