Peugeot 307 - What operates central locking motors etc - autumnboy

What type of voltage operates the central locking motors in the locks ?

DC / AC or low voltage electronic signals etc

Peugeot 307 - What operates central locking motors etc - elekie&a/c doctor

The locking actuators are 12v dc reverse polarity motors.The circuits are switched from the body control module which is part of the cabin fuse box.hth

Thanks,

I have since been told they are plused to operate. Could I use the 12v battery supply to test the operation of the motors as one will not open and a fault code reader finds no fault.

My MOT is due shortly, would this be a MOT Failure where this door cannot be opened from inside or out.

thanks

As these actuator motors use pulsed reverse polarity, as my previous question.

Have I got to use a pulsed connection to test the lock motor or normal reverse supply.

Tried the Peugeot Interface to the BSI unit and no fault is found in any of the ECU's also the manual actuation of the locks show all correct status. But still cannot open the door.

Peugeot 307 - What operates central locking motors etc - elekie&a/c doctor

In common with most modern cars,if the door lock mechanism has failed in the lock position and will not open either electrically or manually,then usually the only alternative is to remove the door card with door closed (often a struggle) and break the actuator to release the latch.If the motor has failed then no amount of reverse pulsing will make it work and you have to find the correct wires,not easy on a french car.There could be a mechanical failure within the latch that is preventing the door from opening.hth

Thanks elekie,

But can I apply any form of electrical feed to the circuit in the door near the actuator to try and release, this would then help confirm if its a actuator fault or wiring problem from the BSI as Planet shows no faults.

Thanks for you help

Any answers regarding my last question, please

thanks

OK found to be the motor is duff.

Anyone know of the L/H/F lock Pt No.

thanks