Chevrolet Epica with michelin energy savers - HJ epica review - oldroverboy

On the subject of Hj's unbiased epica review, which is a pretty fair description of the car and its handling qualities, a small point to make about the handling. A month ago. my friendly Vauxhall dealer here in carmarthen fitted 4 "new" michelin tyres where his customer buying a new car didn't want them, so I got them for a bargain £316 fitted, 4x 205/60r16s inc the dreaded vat.

What a good buy, The noise level from the tyres is greatly reduced, which is nice, but the biggest bonus is the handling of the car. Completely transformed compared to the original tyres fitted from new. I am sure that a road test on michelins would have converted into more sales.

Normally i only ever buy budget tyres as most of the time I have changed my car around the second tyre change as that is generally when the warranty has expires. I'll see how it affects thw fuel consumption too.

Chevrolet Epica with michelin energy savers - HJ epica review - gordonbennet

And what a good, sensible and therefore increasingly rare size too, i do buy on a budget but after careful research and usually european tyres that equal and often exceed the qualities of some premium brands without the advertising and sport sponsorship that has to be paid for.

I bet the ride is good on those, mind you as i recall urban roads in your part are not like the shell pocked tracks of a middle east war zone that we have in the midlands.

Epica still going well all in all ORB?

I bet the ride is good on those, mind you as i recall urban roads in your part are not like the shell pocked tracks of a middle east war zone that we have in the midlands.

Epica still going well all in all ORB?

Epica is doing very well. managed to run the battery down a bit so wouldn't start easily, but the "battery booster pack" from poundlstretcher last christmas (£24.99) did the trick and took it for a couple of good drives with all the the 'leccy bits possible switched off.

I am still amazed at how good a car it actually is, and with the michelins it's better! (and all that for £7021 taxed on the road at 6 months old!

Carmarthenshire CC are pretty good on their road maintainance this year, they have resurfaced a lot of the urban streets, which makes the place look better too, they have compelled some of the owners of buildings in poor condition to do some work, or they have got an order, done it and then invoiced the owner.

Quite a nice place to live, market town, small "mall" mostly open (ie not covered) in the town centre, and adequate inexpensive parking. Still a few independant shops around and the usual mix of cafes and restaurants,I don't think £1.30 an hour excessive for "shopping" visitors and there is also plenty of free parking at tesco, 500 yards from the centre, but slightly separated, and also elsewhere if you want to walk a mile or so. And our traffic wardens are a nice bunch too, usually giving a bit of grace and being sensible, Rural main roads are well maintained too!

Edited by OldRoverboy on 26/12/2011 at 14:26

not like the shell pocked tracks of a middle east war zone that we have in the midlands.

I have "visited" a couple of the countries near jordan and the roads are no worse than the uk, Beirut is wonderful, with all the jeep type pick up things on street corners with a man and a big gun! But very friendly, not expensive and pretty safe. Worst moment.. negotiating the taxi fare from the airport to downtown. Israel , highways and main roads all excellent. Jordan, main highways excellent, but watch out for the undertaking traffic.... and the speed traps every few miles, but amman to aqaba no worse than the M1 M6 etc