pug 307 52 plate - ecu fault - s bradders

hi there wondered if somone can be of help... saturday the battery somehow disconnected on our car after a little wiggle it came back onbut when we went to turn car over it wouldnt start.. called breakdown out they advised the immobiliser wasnt reading the fob chip so towed us home... called a diagnostic guy out on sunday paid him £100 tp connect it to a comp to reset the codes but low and behold the problem still isnt fixed ... he still wanted the money tho... he informs us that the ecu is blocking him access to reset the code so its a job for the dealer.. how much am i probably looking at ???? anyone know ?? pugeout says that it will cost £65 to link it up to the diagnostics computer to find the fault then it will tell us where and how much this is gonna cost... not what i needed jus before xmas ... does anyone know if this is a common thing thats easily fixed.. im so worried ... pls help

knd regards

sarah

Edited by s bradders on 20/12/2011 at 16:04

n
pug 307 52 plate - ecu fault - cws

I'm afraid (on what I know), you'll need to go to a Pug dealer. What happens is that when the battery is disconnected and a set procedure isn't followed (everything left to discharge for something like 30mins), the ECU and immobiliser lose the link between them - hence the immobiliser will not disengage.

thank you for your response once i take it to the dealer do you know what they will do ??? is it a simple thing to fix or is this gonna be costly ??? any advice you can give will be much appreciated sarah :)

pug 307 52 plate - ecu fault - cws

From what an ex Pug salaes told me (!) -

The garage will get the unique code attached to your car, from Pug, re-enter this in to the ECU/Immobiliser, thus linking the 2 again and allowing the immobiliser to disengage.

So a lot of cash for pressing a few buttons, but unfortunately you're hostage to them......