VW Golf MK6 - VW Golf MK6 clutch problems - Chris1243

I brought an ex demo Golf MK6 in April this year, it had done around 9000miles.

The car has just done 20000 miles when on Tuesday the car lost all gears all of the sudden. It was towed to the garage and the outcome is that the pressure relief plate has overheated and to replace it is going to cost just under £1000. This should not happen on a car of this age that is well looked after.

The VW dealer are currently saying that they don't think it is covered under warranty. I am due to pick it up tomorrow but I don't want to pay for something that should not have happened.

The RAC who towed said that he picked a similar golf up a couple of weeks ago with the same problem.

Is this a common problem with the golfs and is there anyway I should go about challenging VW about the cost of the problem that I consider should be covered.

Thank you for any help/advise

Chris

VW Golf MK6 - VW Golf MK6 clutch problems - daveyjp
Engine type? If it is a diesel with a DMF premature failures are not unheard of, Google it. But VW being VW won't back down easily and you will soon experience their customer service, prepare for a battle.
VW Golf MK6 - VW Golf MK6 clutch problems - Chris1243

Diesel, 2litre 140

Thank you I will have a search.

VW Golf MK6 - VW Golf MK6 clutch problems - stumpym

Hi Chris

How did you get on with your faulty clutch, i have a 59 reg golf 1.4TSI 6 speed from new i noticed that the clutch was very stiff to operate compared with my previous golf Mk 5 and i thought that even when the clutch was fully depressed with the car in gear it would creep forward, this was checked by the dealer and they said that they could find nothing wrong. I have now done about 28 thousand miles and yesterday the word clutch came up on the dashboard display, i will be calling the dealer tomorrow to see what this means