Audi A4 1.9 TDi S-line or Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI? - joe406

I am currently looking at changing car and fancy something that is reliable, nice to drive and has decent specification levels and economy.

After spending a few days narrowing the list down, I have come to a shortlist that includes the Audi and Honda. However, I cant decide which one I prefer the most and which one I would be happy living with, so thought I would get some opinions.

The Honda Accord would be the great 2.2 CDTi in EX trim on a 57 plate so it has leather, sat nav and climate etc, whilst the Audi would be in S-Line trim with the reliable 1.9 TDI, the Audi is also on a 57 plate.

I prefer the Honda looks wise and the engine is more refined and faster, but I like the badge image and style of the interior in the Audi whilst both have similar running costs.

So, which one would you guys choose and why?

Joe.

Audi A4 1.9 TDi S-line or Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI? - oldtoffee

Honda for me for the better spec and because it isn't an Audi (or a BM or a Merc) but the Audi would be a nice car to sit inside and probably cheaper to fuel.

Audi A4 1.9 TDi S-line or Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI? - Trilogy

Honda for me. I prefer the looks, image, dealer service a potential reliability.

BTW, that's if they are saloons.

Edited by Trilogy on 03/12/2011 at 22:39

Audi A4 1.9 TDi S-line or Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI? - akr

Honda every time for engineering integrity and reliabilty.

Plus, if you drive an Audi, everybody thinks your a ****** and will never ever let you out of a side street ever again!!!!

Audi A4 1.9 TDi S-line or Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI? - madf

If you have lots of money to spend on Audi repairs, buy one. The standard of quality and engineering is poor for a "quality" car. Been there, had one, never again...

Rating 29 says it all.

http://www.reliabilityindex.com/manufacturer

Audi A4 1.9 TDi S-line or Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI? - Roly93

Plus, if you drive an Audi, everybody thinks your a ****** and will never ever let you out of a side street ever again!!!!

Sorry isn't this BMW and 4x4 drivers ??

Audi A4 1.9 TDi S-line or Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI? - Avant

If I'm in my old Z3, BMW drivers tend to let me out of side streets. They look after their own!

Honda petrol engines seem to have impeccable reliability, but I'm not so sure about their diesels - or other Japanese diesels, come to that. As I seem to be saying more and more nowadays, it's worth thinking carefully about whether you want or need a diesel.

Audi A4 1.9 TDi S-line or Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI? - gordonbennet

As I seem to be saying more and more nowadays, it's worth thinking carefully about whether you want or need a diesel.

Agreed, excellent whilst they are running well and the majority seem to do so, however if you happen to buy a wrong un?, oh dear.

The choice of the two cars here would not see me in the Audi, other Audi drivers being only one reason, nice enough car but overrated and poor value for another VW group car albiet in a Next frock.

New shape Avensis would be a better competitor for the Accord, lovely car with 2.2 Diesel engine and proper auto box, dealers streets ahead of the German marque.

Audi A4 1.9 TDi S-line or Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI? - concrete

I have owned both marques, Honda Accord petrol and VAG 1.9Tdi diesel. Both excellent engines and capable of great reliability and mileage. There seems to be some resentment against Audi or their drivers, that is by the way, an a******e behind the wheel is a pain in any vehicle. The VAG diesel 1.9 is their best engine to date for reliable performance. I get an average of 50mpg from mine (55 plate 140K miles to date), my colleagues Honda diesel averages 40ish (56 plate 76K miles). Honda seems better screwed together but nothing has fallen off either vehicle so far. For enjoyment the Honda in petrol guise for me, for fuel consumption the VAG diesel for me. I am sure you will enjoy driving and owning either car, so you pays your money etc etc. Good luck. Concrete

Audi A4 1.9 TDi S-line or Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI? - balleballe

Honda's CDTI certainly has a few issues, but no more or less than most other 'modern' diesels. I suggest you research well. Plenty of forums available for you to browse on the net