Mondeo 2.2 Titanium x 2009 - E.G.R.Valve - spawney
Anyone got any idea how to remove the EGR valve from the engine, i have a fault code up which says EGR sticking or not working properly, had the bright idea of removing it to try cleaning first, took all the visible screws out one of which started leaking water from the screw hole, either way it wont budge must be bolted on elsewhere but i am blowed if i can see where. I use the car as a cab so its well out of warranty mile wise, 108,000 greatful for any help i can get
Mondeo 2.2 Titanium x 2009 - E.G.R.Valve - craig-pd130

I'm not 100% certain but I think this can also refer to the butterfly valve which closes the inlet manifold when the DPF is regenerating, and when you switch the engine off (to stop the engine shuddering).

This gets a lot of oily goop over time.

If you remove the big inlet hose from the intercooler (1 jubilee clip), the flap is right there just inside the manifold. Give it a spray with some carb cleaner, then let it all evaporate before you reconnect the hose.

Mondeo 2.2 Titanium x 2009 - E.G.R.Valve - Collos25

Is it a high miler because the EGR valve does not normally start acting up until they have done multiple thousands of miles and it is normally caused by a build up of crud not removed during services.

Mondeo 2.2 Titanium x 2009 - E.G.R.Valve - spawney

cheers, mate have cleaned it today, full of oily crud as described reset light but came back on in a couple miles still says EGR on diag going to try plan B

Mondeo 2.2 Titanium x 2009 - E.G.R.Valve - craig-pd130

Sorry it didn't work ... I wonder if the EGR solenoid actuator is a problem, have you tried cleaning the connector to it? They can go a bit funny ...