MOTORWAY SERVICES PCN - langers8

HI ALL

JUST RECEIVED A PCN FROM CP PLUS ALLEGING I HAVE OVERSTAYED ON THE CAR PARK OF MOTO SERVICES ( THIS WAS TRUE ) JUST LOOKING FOR A TECHNICALITY TO NOT PAY £50 I WOULD SOONER GIVE IT TO THE HELP FOR HEROES FUND. THE TECHNICALITIES ARE,

1.THE VEHICLE NO PLATE CAN BE READ ON THE PHOTO THEY SUPPLIED.ON THE WAY IN 'JUST' .BUT ON THE WAY OUT IT IS THE CARAVAN NO PLATE THAT IS READ AND ON THE PHOTO YOU CANNOT READ THE NO PLATE AS IT IS OVER EXPOSED BY THE NO PLATE LIGHTS.

2.HOW DO THEY KNOW THAT THE TOW VEHICLE IS THE SAME ON THE WAY OUT. THIS COULD HAVE CHANGED THROUGH A NUMBER OF REASONS ( LONG SHOT ) BUT COULD HAPPEN.

3.ON THE MOTOR WAY SERVICES WEBSITE ( NOT ACCESSIBLE JUST NOW THROUGH A TROJAN DETECTION BY GOOGLE) THERE IS AN ORDNANCE SURVEY MAP WHICH SHOWS THE THE OFF RAMP RIGHT ROUND THE PERIMITER ROAD TO THE ON RAMP AS HIGHWAY THERE IS A LAYBY ON IT I ''PARKED UP ON'' NUDGE NUDGE I WISH I COULD VARIFIE THIS IS NOT THEIR PROPERTY I WOULD BE HOME AND DRY AND £50 IN THE HEROES FUND.

ANYONE DOING LAW OUT THERE

THANKS

(this site realy needs a spell checker)

MOTORWAY SERVICES PCN - Duncan112

Ignore it, you may get a few threatening letters, ignore them also and they will go away, CP have no history of taking matters to court.

MOTORWAY SERVICES PCN - Armitage Shanks {p}

And an anti-shouting checker! Seriously - ignore it - no correspondence of any sort. These people have been known to scan signatures and then insert them into letters purporting to be from the "accused" and admitting guilt>

MOTORWAY SERVICES PCN - Dwight Van Driver

If the ticket is headed

PARKING CHARGE NOTICE and not

PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE

then it is a civil matter and breach of contract between driver and Service area. They have to prove who the driver was and Reg keeper is under no obligation to tell them. Hence on that can be ignored and donation to Help the Heroes. Note DO NOT RESPOND to any paperwork from them which can become aggressive but they are toothless until they get drivers details.

However if the later then it has statutory authority and should not be ignored.

dvd

MOTORWAY SERVICES PCN - Bromptonaut

If the ticket is headed

PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE

then it is a civil matter and breach of contract between driver and Service area. They have to prove who the driver was and Reg keeper is under no obligation to tell them. Hence on that can be ignored and donation to Help the Heroes. Note DO NOT RESPOND to any paperwork from them which can become aggressive but they are toothless until they get drivers details.

dvd

Spot on for now but the Localism Act got Royal Assent this week. Once the section on owner liability is commenced then the odds may change.

OTOH even if the owner is identified enforcement in the County Court may prove costly.

MOTORWAY SERVICES PCN - ifithelps

If the ticket is headed

PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE

dvd

Spot on for now but the Localism Act got Royal Assent this week. Once the section on owner liability is commenced then the odds may change.

OTOH even if the owner is identified enforcement in the County Court may prove costly.

Spot on, Bromptonaut.

The difficulty of obtaining damages - which as you know is the only thing a county court can award - will remain.

In the case of a motorway service area overstay, damages can only be the published cost of the parking which was not paid for.

In my case, it was 42 minutes, which equates to £4 - never worth going to court for.

Having said that, it's best to avoid getting one of these damn things if possible.

MOTORWAY SERVICES PCN - Dynamic Dave

(this site realy needs a spell checker)

Your keyboard needs a working caps lock key to stop you SHOUTING at people.