Items that should be included with a car purchase - mm707

Hi,

We have recently purchased a 1 year old bmw 1 series from a dealership . Having checked the boot etc we realise that the locking wheel nut key is missing. The dealership have basically said 'tough - it is a second hand car'.

Can we insist legaly that they get us a replacement or are they correct ?

Items that should be included with a car purchase - cockle {P}

In my experience to px'ing vehicles with a main dealer they either won't accept the car without a locking wheel nut key or take the cost of replacing into account on the deal. Therefore I would suggest that they have either lost the key themselves or have benefitted from a reduced PX price on the car accordingly.

I certainly would expect a 1 year old vehicle from a main dealer to come virtually as new with respect to things such as keys, manuals, jack, locking nuts etc.I know it's a BMW and they are renowned for everything being 'an extra' but somethings are rather necessary...

Bit different if its a £500 jobbie from Arfur Daley maybe....

Items that should be included with a car purchase - jamie745

I thought BMW's art of ripping you off only applied when the car was new. Traditionally with a BMW all you get as standard is the steering wheel, possibly some seats, the oxygen contained in the car and a windscreen.

Items that should be included with a car purchase - bonzo dog

I'm guessing it wasn't a BMW franchised dealer .... or was it?

Either way, write to the managing director recorded delivery & please let us know what happens.

Good luck

Hi all,

Sorry I didn't mention that it wasn't a bmw dealer although it was rather a big dealership ( Lookers )

T
Items that should be included with a car purchase - Cris_on_the_gas

Agree that this is quite an essental bit of kit.

But seems like your agruing the toss over about £20 on purchase of car that must have cost long way north of 10k. yeah by all means make a fuss and see if the garage will budge.

At the end of the day its no big deal

I thought it would be a lot more. If they are only about 20 quid I'll go to bmw and get one if I get no joy.

Thanks

What I tried to say was find the e-mail address (you can find it on-line if you search hard enough) of one of the group directors & complain to him / her directly

Good luck

Items that should be included with a car purchase - Armitage Shanks {p}

E Mail isn't going to do it! Send a recorded delivery snottogram, copied to the dealer principal at the offending branch. Do you have legal cover on either your house or motoring insurance? This problem may not be covered but it is worth looking

Head Office & Registered Office:
776 Chester Road Stretford, Manchester, M32 0QH. England.

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 07/11/2011 at 15:18

E Mail isn't going to do it!

It did it for me, which is why I suggested it

Items that should be included with a car purchase - harry55
H