Audi A4 - Bumper Damage - Chris79

Hello All,

Yesterday I was lucky enough to have my car damaged by one of those nice people who dont think its neccesary to leave a name or number so i'll guess i will be paying for the repairs. Sadly there was no CCTV to help identify who it was.

The worst part of the damage is where a small part of the bumper has been pierced and as a result a 2cm part of the bumper pushed back slightly. O ther than that its just scratches.

Rather than claim on the insurance I wonder if anyone knows if its possible to repair this without changing the bumper?

I have emailed chipsaway and wait an answer but wondered if anyone here has any experience of this?

It does look rather silly to have a car with parking sensors at the rear exhibiting rearend damage!

Audi A4 - Bumper Damage - gordonbennet

Your local one or two man band bodyshop will sort this out in no time and for a fair price, avoid the big places with receptionists and managers and carpets to pay for.

Thanks Gordon Bennett, will have a look around the local body shops
Audi A4 - Bumper Damage - Halmer

Couldn't agree more.

In all my time driving I've never ever had a main dealer repair paintwork on my car to my satisfaction.

A few years back I let a lad in a small lock up repair a bumper knock on my wife's Punto and I've never looked back. At least a third of the price of main dealers and done immaculately and with care every time. Still got the Punto and even I can't see where he repaired it and I'm a fussy sod

He's based in Stoke if that's any where near you.

Audi A4 - Bumper Damage - daveyjp

My local body shop repaired a dint in the bottom of my door for £150 - excellent job. I gave them the recent job of fixing my wife's car after being hit. This was an insurance job, but in error they sent me the bill.

Repair deep scratches to bumper and door and respray to match - £236 for two days work.

No flash set up - in fact when you turn up it looks decidedly dodgy, but they do all the damage repairs on the lease vehicles used by large companies in the area.

This is West Yorks if you are close.

Thanks for the tips, I'm based in Essex so will have to look a bit closer to home. Went to the local body shop today and they quoted me 150-200 pounds which is less than my excess so alls good, just one or two quotes more to get.
Audi A4 - Bumper Damage - Ethan Edwards

Chris79 - I recently used 'scuffnchips' they cover the whole of Essex (I'm near to Sarfend) coming from Luton area I believe. Did a really good job for me. Light coloured metallic on a 8yo car is a real pita to match as well.

http://www.scuffnchips.co.uk/

Audi A4 - Bumper Damage - hame22

Another good body shop over in Herts is Minor Details Body Repairs, good value for money

Audi A4 - Bumper Damage - Bobbin Threadbare

When I was run off the road last year my local body shop fixed quite a fiddly dent for me for £50 cash. It was either that cosmetic job or cough up at least £500 for a new body panel and I couldn't afford that at the time. (This is in Preston). Someone might say 'oh google it' but I think asking for suggestions is a good idea; the decent body shops must do a lot of business on word of mouth.

Audi A4 - Bumper Damage - madf

Halmer

Could you email me contact details... I have various minor dents to sort out.. Many thanks

mike <dot>madasafish1 <at>gmail <dot> com

Mike.

Audi A4 - Bumper Damage - dlekeeling
I had a scuff on my bumper and email chips away, they didn't get back to me, not to sure if they wanted the job in the first place.

I found a mobile service on line that let you send photos to them of the damage for a quote. they got back to me within 24 hours.

Email them a photo and they will let you know if its fixable www.carbodyrepairs4less.co.uk

I had never used a service like this before like you, but was more than impressed with the result.
Audi A4 - Bumper Damage - A3 A4

Just a slight word of caution, if at a later stage one trys to get a corrosion warranty claim out of Audi, they will go over the vehicle with a fine toothed comb to look for overspray, or any other form of body repair to avoid the claim. I know I've been there!