Nissan Almera Tino 1.8 SVE 2003 - Excessive Oil Usage - Ken Tucky

Bought this car from a main dealer in 2006 with just 15K on the clock. 4 months later when my wife was on the motorway she got a low oil warning. It went to another Nissan dealer who topped up the oil and the original dealer apologised and covered the cost. Sadly the warantee on the car had expired before we got the same happening a few weeks later. Since then the problem has got worse. The car eats about 2 litres of oil every 200 miles if not more. The strange thing is, the car has never blown smoke and shows no sign of any leakage on the driveway. I've no doubt we were sold a duff car but I guess it's too late now. Any ideas what the problem might be and what the solution is? Thanks

Nissan Almera Tino 1.8 SVE 2003 - Excessive Oil Usage - bathtub tom

>>The car eats about 2 litres of oil every 200 miles........the car has never blown smoke and shows no sign of any leakage

I reckon that's a petrol/oil ratio of 12 - 15/1. That's more oil than any two-stroke I've ever owned!

Nissan Almera Tino 1.8 SVE 2003 - Excessive Oil Usage - Peter.N.

I'm pretty sure if it was burning that much oil you would have some blue smoke, the only other possibility is that its blowing it out when you are driving, have a good look underneath for signs of leakage.

Nissan Almera Tino 1.8 SVE 2003 - Excessive Oil Usage - Douped

ken - i'm having this exact same problem with my 2004 tino. did you ever get this problem resolved or did you scrap the car?

Nissan Almera Tino 1.8 SVE 2003 - Excessive Oil Usage - Mr Y

got similar with my 2004 Tino - using 1 litre per 1000 miles. no leak. no blue smoke. has been suggested to me that problem due to oval bores caused during manufacture. you will see no blue smoke as the cat is burning it