Honda Accord Tourer - Weird boot problem - zerachiel

I have a weird problem with my Accord Tourer. I parked my car this morning and it was fine, however when I drove it home I noted the boot open light was on. I stopped, opened and closed the boot but the light was still on. I opened it again and used the powered closing mechanism (which is working fine) and this still didn't make the light go off.

I checked the bootlid for signs of tampering in case someone tried to break in but there is no sign of attempted entry on either the boot or any of the doors.

I used the manual lock on the driver's door when I got home which is the only way I could lock it. I then had to go out to get diesel and during the journey the light went off, however when I stopped at the petrol station the light came back on again and remained the same during the journey home.

I've checked on the internet and the normal issue is with the bootlid not opening, not failing to lock.

Any ideas?

Honda Accord Tourer - Weird boot problem - piston power

Faulty boot light switch i suspect untill it's fixed remove the bulb or you may have a flat battery in the morning.

No idea where the switch is look on tailgate for 2/3 brass pins that are spring loaded etc.