VW Polo 1.2 Tsi - Loss of engine oil following service - powerfull pierre

My 12 month old Polo had its first service at my local main dealer, 2 days later whilst on the motorway the oil warning light came on followed by the warning buzzer.

Unfortunatly this portion of the motorway has no hard shoulder so the car was driven to the next junction, by which time was making a racket and smelt of burning rubber.

On inspection the sump plug had fallen off and the engine was bone dry of oil.

The main dealer has now re filled the oil and replaced sump plug and says all is fine, I am not confident that there has not been any long term damage.

Anyone any thoughts on what I should do next.

VW Polo 1.2 Tsi - Loss of engine oil following service - Collos25

Nothing less than a new engine the garage is trying to pull a fast one at your expense.

VW Polo 1.2 Tsi - Loss of engine oil following service - Quicksilver

Demand a new engine. This one will now be trouble for the rest of it's now, much shorter, life!!

Q.

VW Polo 1.2 Tsi - Loss of engine oil following service - TeeCee

Hmm, funny how a company known to refuse engine warranty claims if anything other than the exact correct oil is used suddenly thinks that they themselves causing it to have none at all is no problem. I'd be asking the question of VW's Customer Service and if they back the dealer up, insisting that they provide in writing a guarantee that this will not affect any subsequent warranty claim or possible goodwill claim post-warranty.

As Collos said, should be a new engine. Particularly as, for safety reasons, you were obliged to drive it some distance without oil through no fault of your own.

VW Polo 1.2 Tsi - Loss of engine oil following service - injection doc

Definatley a new engine if the sump bung fell out on a motorway.

Damge is done in seconds !

VW Polo 1.2 Tsi - Loss of engine oil following service - veryoldbear

I'm amazed the thing still worked after that treatment. I would have expected it to seize solid ...

VW Polo 1.2 Tsi - Loss of engine oil following service - unthrottled

So am I. There is a snag though. OP continued to drive the car after the oil pressure light came on (albeit because there was nowhere safe to stop). Does that count as wilful damage regarding a replacement?

So am I. There is a snag though. OP continued to drive the car after the oil pressure light came on (albeit because there was nowhere safe to stop). Does that count as wilful damage regarding a replacement?

whilst i agree , if the sump bung hadnt of been left loose in the first place the Op wouldnt be in that position & as I have been struck from behind on a motorway whilst stationary I give the OP 100% support ! it was too risky

I think the OP needs to talk to the dealer principle and discuss a replacement engine ! if they refuse take legal action. The garage should have insurance to cover defective workmanship!

VW Polo 1.2 Tsi - Loss of engine oil following service - Roadi

OT900 Oil Service &Airbag Reset Tool is specially designed to reset oil service light,oil inspection light,Service mileage,service intervals and airbag for most major Asian,American and European vehicles without using the OEM scan tool.Save money on expensive garage charges with this user friendly tool!

Vehicle coverage :Acura,Audi,BMW,Buick,Cadillac,Chevrolet,Chevrolet/GMC,Chryster,Ford/Mercury/Lincoln,Honda,Isuzu,Jeep,Land Rover,Mercedes Benz,Nissan/Infiniti,Oldsmobile,Pontiac,Saab,Saturn,Scion,Seat,Skoda,Toyota/Lexus,Vauxhall,Volvo,VX.

http://www.roadico.com/roadi-products.php?#oilreset

Good luck!

Rica