Vauxhall Corsa - paint blistering/ bubbling - markof northampton

My friend has got a Black Vauxhall Corsa registered March 2011 has done 3500 miles. There is a small patch on the roof that has started to blister and other odd bits of blistering on other areas of the car. She has took it to vauxhall dealer and they have took photographs of it and sent them on, they reckon its birdmuck and she may not be able to claim on warranty. Has anyone else had this issue?

Vauxhall Corsa - paint blistering/ bubbling - MikeTorque

Black is the worst colour for showing up marks. It needs a continuous layer of car wax over the entire body area to aid protection against the elements etc.

Bird muck can damage paintwork and should be removed asap.

If the areas of "odd bits" are not where bird muck has landed then a problem may have arisen during manufacturing which should be fixed under warranty, alas bird muck damage isn't included.

Vauxhall Corsa - paint blistering/ bubbling - oldtoffee

Bubbling would suggest there's something under the paint causing it such as rust - a little unlikely but possibly a manufacturing defect. Bird droppings will if left, etch into the lacquer topcoat and eventually over time you'll see the lacquer flaking away but not bubbling. The dealer will be obliged to admit nothing and just present pictures so your friend should wait and see what the official response is and then take it from there.

Vauxhall Corsa - paint blistering/ bubbling - PERES

I USED TO HAVE A RED CORSA IN WHICH THE PAINT FADED BUT MY 58 PLATE BLACK CORSA IS NOW COVERED IN BLISTERS FROM BIRD MUCK. I KNOW YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO CLEAN IT OFF STRAIGHT AWAY BUT THESE ARE LIKE WARTS AND IT NEVER HAPPENED TO MY OLD CORSA. I USED A BABY WIPE TO CLEAN SOME DRIED BIRD MUCK OFF AS I WAS TOLD TO SOFTEN IF BEFORE CLEANING IT AND WHEN I FINISHED IT ENDED UP SCRATCHED. YOU CAN SEE THE WHITE UNDERCOAT. I RESTED THE DOOR EDGE AGAINST A WOODEN FENCE WHILST GETTING OUT OF THE CAR, IT CERTAINLY WASN'T BANGED AGAINST AND THE PAINT JUST FLAKED OFF. IF THE PAINT WORK ISN'T FAULTY IS DEFINATELY NOT "ROBUST" ENOUGH AND I CERTAINLY WONT BE BUYING A CORSA AGAIN.

Vauxhall Corsa - paint blistering/ bubbling - Avant

Welsome to the forum, Peres, but please don't type in capitals: it makes it much more difficult to read.

Vauxhall Corsa - paint blistering/ bubbling - gordonbennet

I suppose just like other animals the corrosive effect of bird droppings depends on what they have been eating.

I told a family member not to allow bird stuff to remain on their black car, they didn't heed the advice and the paint was burnt irreparably, bonnet and roof.

Vauxhall Corsa - paint blistering/ bubbling - ChannelZ

Vauxhall paint is rubbish. Bird crap melted a hole in the paint in my Pomegranate Red Astra within an hour. Washed car, put washing stuff away, had a sup of tea, came out and saw the bird crap. Wiped it off, lacquer was gone. Rubbish.