Ford Fiesta (57) - Servicing (Is it under warranty?) - Man without a plan

Hi folks,

Just called my friendly local Fiesta dealer about a 4 year (50,000 mile) service and got quoted £211.00.

Called my local Bristol Street and got quoted £206.50.

Looked at Bristol Street online and quoted £186.

Big differences there.

Anyway when I called up Bristol Street to enquire about the service cost, before she even asked any details about the car, she asked a) is it under warranty (= no love its four years old) and b) does it have any extended warranty on it... (= no)

It seemed a strange question especially the first thing she asked me... is this so they can invent problems knowing they wouldn't have to prove / repair it on warranty, or is this so they can try and sell me the warranty (although they didn't take contact details so presumably not) or for some other reason?

Ford Fiesta (57) - Servicing (Is it under warranty?) - jc2

You're likely to get different quotes from different branches of the same dealer.Also try "Rapid-Fit";Ford's version of KwikFit.

Ford Fiesta (57) - Servicing (Is it under warranty?) - Auristocrat

Sometimes with manufacturers extended warranties, manufacturer parts (filters, etc) need to be used to maintain the warranty. Some dealers offer their 'own' service schedules for cars over three years old - which often differ from the manufacturer schedules and may also use, for example, non-Ford filters (which may not meet the conditions of the Ford extended warranty).

For example, we had our four year old Mazda serviced and MOT'd by the main dealer this month. We used the dealer's offer of a their own 'premium' service (using OE parts) which also came with an MOT for £ 15 - the two coming to £ 248. The Mazda service was slightly less comprehensive (e.g. spark plugs would have been checked rather than replaced) and would have cost £ 245 plus the full price MOT.

The car sailed through the MOT, and the dealer completed the digital service record, maintaining the extended warranty.

Ford Fiesta (57) - Servicing (Is it under warranty?) - piston power

Just took a vectra in for the 3yr service £99.00 all in inc vat. with genuine parts.

Shop around for prices.