Insurance rip off ... - Ian (Cape Town)
Received a new insurance quote on the astra - gone up 58%!!!
So I phone the clowns, point out that I haven't claimed in the three years I've had the car, etc etc.
Their attitude was simple: Our prices have gone up.
Yes, I KNOW your b***** prices have gone up! And by close to 60%! That is why I'm calling. Please justify it.

Nobody could give me an answer.
Eventually I was put through to a head honcho of the brokers, who admitted that she has been fielding calls on this matter for the past week, and that the other company are a bunch of morons.
Hopefully brokers will be able to get me a better deal elsewhere...
What amazes me is that the insurers must believe that they will get away with it - and given the stupidity of the general public, they probably will in 90% of the cases!!!
Insurance rip off ... - wemyss
Ian, As a matter of interest with all the crime we see on TV in South Africa how much do you pay for insurance there.
Insurance rip off ... - THe Growler
Same here, just gone through it with 4 vehicles.

We do not have NCB's in the Philippines, so the plot is every year to use a broker to negotiate the best deal and just be ruthless about changing companies. The classic trotted out this year is the same catch-all now used to rationalise all manner of things: Nine-Eleven. Ask 'em what exposure their company had to that event and if so, precisely how that is reflected in their bottom line, and what mathematical relationship that has to their new premia, and guess what.....we'd have to get back to you on that one.

Insurance rip off ... - Ian (Cape Town)
9-11?
They didn't try that one, but thnx for the tip ... :)

Alvin,
Here's the figures:
1995 Astra saloon 180 Auto
Paid R55 000
Insured (presently) for 43 500
Insurance was 235 a month, and now up to 372.
As far as how crime affects us - hijacking and auto theft are quite high, but if you have an alarm/immobiliser/tracker, premiums SHOULD be less.