SEAT Leon - Seat Leon 1.4 16v - Low Low Miles - 12345oncei

Still being in the market for a car have heard of a Seat Leon 2003 03 plate 1.4 16v with.....wait for it..... 23k miles on it.

Am I right in thinking this might be best avoided due to lack of use? Apparently it's owner has recently deceased and is being converted to cash for the estate. It is a private sale and has partial SH to 2007, the sellers are putting a new MOT on it and also servicing it prior to sale.

Not seen it yet, just interested in opinions.

Oh and asking price is a shade under 2k.

SEAT Leon - Seat Leon 1.4 16v - Low Low Miles - unthrottled

I suppose if it is MOT'd then the brakes must be ok-not corroded or partially seized calipers. The clutch could still be worn though!

The price is about right.

Thank you.

That is if it gets it's MOT - not sure when they are doing it. If it passes and I go to look I will update.

I should clarify in the opening post - the car is being converted to cash for the estate - not the deceased :->

SEAT Leon - Seat Leon 1.4 16v - Low Low Miles - Falkirk Bairn

I should clarify in the opening post - the car is being converted to cash for the estate - not the deceased :->

The previous owner may have been converted to ASH not Cash!

SEAT Leon - Seat Leon 1.4 16v - Low Low Miles - jc2

When a doctor issues a "cremation"certificate",he gets paid;it is referred to as "ASH CASH".

:) I never knew that.

SEAT Leon - Seat Leon 1.4 16v - Low Low Miles - Ethan Edwards

Your choice but we bought a new 1.6 Leon a few years ago and only kept it for nine months. We found it terribly underpowered so I can only imagine how a 1.4 Leon would be. We liked the Leon so swapped it in for a 1.9 SE Tdi which was great.

My wife had a 1.4 Ibiza at the time and that was quite peppy, so I put it down to having to lug a heavy body about.

Much as I like the Leon there's plenty of choice out there so personally I'd be haggling quite hard over this one. Like I said your call.

I'll give it a good varied test drive, the majority of it's intended use won't really need oodles of power though.

Well, it was interesting.

6 Owners. 29K on clock. Had previously failed 2 MOT on consumables (breaks/bulbs). Had nice full set of continental eco tyres with lots of tread. Drove very nicely ( though change from 1st to second seemed to be a long physical distance). Found power OK, though I can see why people used to larger engines would find it underwhelming.

Interior was extremely good, no obviously signs of wear.

Now, aside from the above - I noticed upon closing the boot that it was jumping (eg. Not clean shut). Asked seller if it had possibly had a knock - shrug dunno. It was like my old car which had been shunted at a roundabout (even after pro fix - never was square).

Someone must have vandalised it with a spray paint can and whoever owned it at the time never got it off properly - both sides rear nearside passenger door and join with front door and also offside to a lesser extent. My wife did not notice it (I'll be sending her off to specsavers).

I think this one will cause an arguement here.