Which small cars have ultralight power steering? - joc

Looking for small car - ultra light steering [these days, electrically assisted I believe] is a must for arthritic wrists. On a recent Fiat 500 testdrive, the 'city' steering bowled the missus over... Also needs to be an efficient auto-box.

Question is what others have similarly light steering, other than the 500, Panda? Honda Jazz, others?

Ideas gratefully received -cheers

joc

Which small cars have ultralight power steering? - Ethan Edwards

Nissan Note

Which small cars have ultralight power steering? - MikeTorque

Latest version of VW Polo, steering is well assisted & light especially so for parking & low speed driving, same goes for the open road. Brakes aren't so well assisted though so if legs are an issue then the brakes need to be taken into account.

Which small cars have ultralight power steering? - gordonbennet

Most modern car's steering is light, especially if you choose a car on sensible tyres.

As for efficient auto box, do you want the best economy or the smoothest drive.

Automated manuals are arguably the most fuel efficient, however they could never be described as efficient in driving pleasure or comfort terms.

Which small cars have ultralight power steering? - madf

We have a Matiz: ultralight power steering and VERY small turning circle.

(much lighter and much tighter circle than my Yaris)

Which small cars have ultralight power steering? - gordonbennet

We have a Matiz: ultralight power steering and VERY small turning circle.

Not a bad suggestion for the OP at all Madf, the proper auto box is really nice for localish driving, maybe not a car for belting down trunk roads overtaking all and sundry, but i doubt that's what the OP's needs are. Good visibility too which makes a change, and cheap as chips.

Edited by gordonbennet on 29/06/2011 at 08:18

Which small cars have ultralight power steering? - madf

Matiz is tall and easy to get in/out: great if you have reduced mobility.

Which small cars have ultralight power steering? - joc

Thanks all for those suggestions, partic the one 'under the radar', the Matiz, that I hadn't even considered. Will take a look.

Which small cars have ultralight power steering? - injection doc
Citreon C1. [Toyota. ] Different badge, super lite steering, gears and clucth with very good brakes! I can assure u its one of the lightest cars to drive as suffering from rhumtoid arthritus and PMR any effort using my shoukders is painfull but can drive C1 all day. Great fun nippy and very frugal. Typical japanesse with light touch controls