Skoda Superb - Are Skoda such a customer facing company after all - yeoman gardener

Choosing the Superb as a replacement for my Passat seemed a good idea at the time. However the dealer, the UK company and the factory are only notable for their wall of silence and inability to answer a simple question. What is the colour of the car they have agreed to supply me? I suspect the obfuscation is due to sales targets and in their expectation that in saying as little as possible to their customer and they may rely on a "sorry this is what the factory supplied - nothing we can do" when the car is supplied. In the wrong colour.

The dealer made a strong conditional close to the sale. The condition was simple - we had to accept the new Skoda green rather than Amazonian green - BUT neither the salesman nor the sales manager knew what colour the new Skoda green would be, but if we did not accept the new Skoda Green we could not order a new Skoda Superb in a green colour.

Neither the salesman nor the sales manager knew what the new green colour would look like because they said they had no information from Skoda and no colour samples, one man thought the new colour might be greeny silver the other greeny blue but both agreed it would be lighter than Amazonian Green.

The skoda Dealer had an Amazon green vehicle in their showroom and my wife was not happy with the Amazonian Green, she thought it too dark, my wife is very happy with the condition of sale that we have the new Skoda green because both sales people agreed it would be a lighter green than Amazonian green.

Since agreeing, with my wife, to the condition that we would buy a Skoda superb new colour green unknown I have been told we cannot have the new Skoda green but must have Amazonian Green otherwise the discount of 20% would no longer be applicable to this sale and delivery would be an extra 4/6 weeks.

I have since spoken with Skoda UK and they do not know what the new colour will be and confirmed the new colour would add a delay of 4/6 weeks to the delivery date given.

I have pursued the order with the Skoda Dealer who still does not know (as at Friday 20 May 2011) what the new colour will be or if the new Skoda colour will mean paying extra above the agreed purchase price.

I have thrice asked the factory to clarify what colour the new Skoda Green will be, and if they have any samples of the new Malachite Green Metallic and may they send me a sample and asked that our new Skoda Superb be supplied in the new colour as per the condition of sale imposed by both the Skoda dealer's sales manager and saleman. No responce, neither acknowledgment nor reply.

Be warned - not all customer service is good customer service -

Skoda Superb - Are Skoda such a customer facing company after all - Buster Cambelt

Limited experience but the whole Skoda 'happy drivers' thing is a myth. I've owned exactly one Skoda and the dealers were, frankly, a pretty hopeless bunch - nice people mainly but not a single clue about why having to go back two, three or even four times for a fix was not acceptable.

Skoda UK customer services are also a pretty complacent bunch with no sense of urgency at all.

Also met a lazy salesman who tried to claim that he had arranged with my finance director for me to change my car, but I guess you get that type anywhere.

I became an ex-Skoda customer after only 10 months.

Skoda Superb - Are Skoda such a customer facing company after all - daveyjp

The only car which which should be seen in green is a Jaguar - go for a different colour, you'll pay come trade in time.

Many years ago I was looking for a used Audi A2 - a pine green one was £1,000 less than any other colour with a similar mileage.

Skoda also use bright green branding which they insist on using inside the car - awful.

Skoda Superb - Are Skoda such a customer facing company after all - jaybeetoo

Limited experience but the whole Skoda 'happy drivers' thing is a myth. I've owned exactly one Skoda and the dealers were, frankly, a pretty hopeless bunch - nice people mainly but not a single clue about why having to go back two, three or even four times for a fix was not acceptable.

Skoda UK customer services are also a pretty complacent bunch with no sense of urgency at all.

Also met a lazy salesman who tried to claim that he had arranged with my finance director for me to change my car, but I guess you get that type anywhere.

I became an ex-Skoda customer after only 10 months.

I couldn't disagree more. When I used the 'contact us' form on the Skoda web site they got back to me quickly by telephone and were very helpful. I have used 2 dealers for a couple of intermittent electrical faults. Both of them provided me with a courtesy car and kept my car until it was fixed even though the fault was difficult to find. The dealers were much, much better than my 2 local VW dealers.

Skoda Superb - Are Skoda such a customer facing company after all - yeoman gardener

After the earlier referred to dealer troubles whilst ordering the car it was delivered but a sales person forged my signature to a service contract and to a bank standing order mandate.

The dealer fired the salesperson and offered to compensate me with 3 years free servicing and MOT - a fair offer - but the dealer, unable to fit forward parking sensors immediately, had a fitter come to my house on three occasions to fit sensors. After the third attempt the sensors worked a couple of days and then the interior lights came on as I was driving, the battery warning light came on and the radio started hopping channels. Skoda had the vehicle picked up on a transporter and taken to another dealer who found the supplying dealer had incorrectly refitted the radio. I told Skoda that the dealer who could not fit parking sensors first time and could not correctly reinstall a Skoda radio was not safe to provide servicing and MOT on my new vehicle. Oh yes I am very pleased with the Superb, excellent vehicle to drive, bags of room. Skoda have offered me reduced compensation by excluding parts, consumables and the MOT on the basis it was not Skoda's own sales and engineering staff at fault and neither had Skoda forged my signatures to the documents. Skoda told me the VAG part of the dealer's company has servicing complaints from one in every ten customers, but no survey had been made on Skoda customer’s servicing experiences.

Edited by Avant on 22/02/2012 at 21:39

Skoda Superb - Are Skoda such a customer facing company after all - oldtoffee

You've had an interesting dealer experience and IMO you'd be better off using another Skoda main dealer for servicing and warranty even if it means travelling a bit further.

I've had the opposite experience with 3 Skoda main dealers, purchasing from and servicing a Fabia and an Octavia. All were very good and miles better than VW who I suggest would have done much less than Skoda Customer Services have done and offered you. I would also approach the supplying dealer for some sort of goodwill compensation or gift that didn't involve them touching your car.

Skoda Superb - Are Skoda such a customer facing company after all - Roly93

Maybe you were talking to the rejects from the VW part of the business !!

Skoda Superb - Are Skoda such a customer facing company after all - WellKnownSid

Malachite green is a much lighter green than Amazon, saw a sample at the dealers this week when looking at the Yeti. A friend used to have a mondeo about 15 years ago which had a similar colour.

Delighted to report the Skoda factory sent me samples of both Malachite and Amazonian green. With these samples we have visited the dealer and sorted out the delivery of the new vehicle in the new green.

Alls well that ends well - so far. When I find out how I will log the fuel consumption each month. Thanks for sharing your experiences and for your advice.

Skoda Superb - Are Skoda such a customer facing company after all - barney100

You are paying the cash, you are the customer, if they can't give you what you want then go to someone who can.

Skoda Superb - Are Skoda such a customer facing company after all - injection doc

Its well known within the trade that green is the most unpopular colour and as such would not recommend a green car, when you come to PX you will suffer on a value because its green.

As already mentioned and quite rightly Jaguar British Racing green on a jaguar is the only green you can get away with !

If Skoda cant supply you with the colour you want then buy elsewhere ! your the customer and its your money