Renault Megane - Renault Megane - windows - money back? - Natasha34

Hi everyone. I have a 06 Megane with 51,000 on the clock. I had the window failure in March and took it to Renault to sort. I'm disgusted that even though my car is still under warranty, I had to pay 25% of the costs which was £121 for my share. When I questioned why if it was under warranty did I have to pay at all, I was informed that it was so i would own the warranty of the new part rather than Renault. I think this is a load of rubbish, if they needed people to purchase the warranty why not charge £1? I'm going to take it up with Renault and wondered if anyone else had any joy in getting their money back? Thanks

Renault Megane - Renault Megane - windows - money back? - kevg

You have a 5 year old car with 54,000 on the clock and you complain because it cost you £121 to fix ?? Are you mad ??

Renault Megane - Renault Megane - windows - money back? - Avant

Welcome to the forum, Natasha.

Kevg - there's no need to be quite so critical: either suggest something helpful for the problem or don't say anything at all.

As the Megane is 5 years old, this must have been either a used car warranty or one you extended from the original 3-year warranty. Is it Renault's own or is it underwritten by a warranty company? If the latter your contract is with that company and you need to approach them.

I don't follow the argument that you say you were given, but have a careful look at the terms and conditions and see what is excluded, and then take it up with the warranty company if you think it should have been covered.

If this doesn't get you anywhere, you can get legal advice on this if you post a summarised version of your problem on our Legal section.

Renault Megane - Renault Megane - windows - money back? - kevg

I think the problem may be that it is a Renault

Renault Megane - Renault Megane - windows - money back? - Collos25
Its a common fault on this model Renault but as Avant says you need to find out how the warranty is issued and from who having said that any used car is covered by the sales of goods act and depending on the time between purchase and the fault you may be covered by that.
Renault Megane - Renault Megane - windows - money back? - bonzo dog

Hi Natasha, can I be critical as well?

Unfortunately the poor standard of English in your post means I really don't know why you believe you have been hard done to.

If you could please let us know when you bought the car, if it was from a dealer, how long a warranty you were given, what part failed to operate correctly & exactly why you were asked to contribute, we may be able to offer you improved advice.

Edited by bonzo dog on 26/05/2011 at 10:33

Renault Megane - Renault Megane - windows - money back? - barneybear

Both of mine went (2007 model) and were replaced at a total cost to me of £160 (Renault UK paying the other £160, so 50:50 split). No warrenty involved in my case. I would have thought that a warrenty bought with the car should be applied to cover it. Depends on if you claimed on the warrenty or not I guess.

Renault Megane - Renault Megane - windows - money back? - madf

A Renault warranty includes the words

"this car may fail yt irregular interbvals due to design or manufacturing defects. Anyone who buys it is really naive. After the manufacturer's liability period has expired, TOUGH. You are n your own. Good luck... you will need it"

Edited by madf on 04/12/2011 at 14:25