vauxhall corsa sri 1.4, volkswagen polo se 1.4 - vauxhall corsa sri 1.4 or volkswagen polo se 1.4 - richmurr

i am currently in the market of buying a new car.

i have seen one car on gumtree, a 2000 plate VW polo se 1.4. it is up for 1250, has 70,000 miles. it has 1 years mot, 4 months tax and FSH.

I also have my brothers 2001 plate vauxhall corsa sri 1.4 in mind. this has 48,000 miles about 6 months tax and only done 2000 miles since last MOT and Service. only down side is that it has a slight dent down the side that i can sort out myself. he is asking around 1300-1500.

i also have a Golf in mind. a 1.4 gold s. this has 98k on the clock but does have R32 alloys which look nice. this is going for 1490

what car should i buy

thanks everyone

vauxhall corsa sri 1.4, volkswagen polo se 1.4 - vauxhall corsa sri 1.4 or volkswagen polo se 1.4 - unthrottled

The Corsa-your brother wouldn't rip you off, would he...?

vauxhall corsa sri 1.4, volkswagen polo se 1.4 - vauxhall corsa sri 1.4 or volkswagen polo se 1.4 - Paul G1pdc

SECONDED.

only a fool would sell a car to a friend or member of the family that was to have a known fault.

.also the golf with the huge wheels.....NOTE your insurance company will load your premium for that....(eg when I had a non-turbo impreza and fitted turbo wheels my insurance company stuck a 10% premium on my quote..yes the non-turbo and the turbo are both fitted as standard with alloys, but as far as Zurick are concerned its not how it left the factory when it was made....also when you needed a new set of tyres to fit those R32 wheels would cost more than the cars worth!!!!! hahahaha

Paul.

also if your looking at the 1.4 polo/golf have a scan around for the 1.4 ibiza + leon we had one (ibiza) of the 1.4 ibiza chill in 2001 brand new £7200. it was fitted as standard with alloys, fogs and digital climate control.....the 1.4 polo with aircon was over £1500 more....

vauxhall corsa sri 1.4, volkswagen polo se 1.4 - vauxhall corsa sri 1.4 or volkswagen polo se 1.4 - richmurr

cheers for the heads up! i think ive decided on the corsa. got a quote and its the cheapes on the lot but with the highest BHP and best 0-60 time.

will have a look at the seats before i hand over the money though.

thanks

dno about that haha. i think ive decided for the cortsa as read a lot of electrical problems with polos of this year, and for som reason the polo is more on insurance????

thanks mate

vauxhall corsa sri 1.4, volkswagen polo se 1.4 - vauxhall corsa sri 1.4 or volkswagen polo se 1.4 - Problem_Polo :-/

I've got an '01 Polo 1.4 16v, now done just over 100k, and I'd happily recommend one. Very well built little cars, as you'd expect from VW. The Corsa, sadly, is the other end of the scale, absolute cr*p :-( Cheap, nasty, and more cheap. But yes, probably less cash to insure, so if that swings it then fair enough, just have some cash put by to fix it when it starts falling to bits! Just bear in mind there is a certain 'image' that goes with anybody turning up in a ten year old Corsa SRi!!

Edited by Problem_Polo :-/ on 29/05/2011 at 02:21