What do you like to listen to in the car? - Bobbin Threadbare

I think it says little bit about someone's personality to know what they have in their cars to listen to on journeys. I'm also a bit nosy ;-P

I have an absolute horde of CDs full of classic rock, heavy metal and a little punk to entertain me on my commute to work.

My car has a Bose soundsystem in it, so music sounds awesome. I had a DAB radio in my old car which I miss very much (Planet Rock fan!!) but I don't want to wreck my fascia by installing it in my current car.

What does everyone like to have on the radio when they drive? Or have you got such a stunning car you like to listen to its roars of power LOL?!

What do you like to listen to in the car? - jamie745

Well in my 10 year old 406 Executive (which looks absolutely brand new and sparkling today thanks to a thorough clean i might add) doesnt have that DAB or iPod dock or anything so i sitll get CD's or make some up on the PC etc.

Pulled up at a friends house a couple of days ago with Lady Gaga on the stereo reasonably loud which resulted in some ribbing lol.

What do you like to listen to in the car? - Dutchie

I like a peacefull drive music on low volume sometimes classic must be my age;) My wife is the opposite she likes classic rock and she is a T rex fan Marc Bolan .

What do you like to listen to in the car? - Pat L

Bobbin - your taste sounds similar to mine!

Radio is either R2 or R4 (no DAB in car).

Mainly listen to CDs - classic rock (esp Deep Purple, Hendrix, Skynyrd, Neil Young), 70s or 80s pop/rock, reggae, some world music.

I never have the stereo off!

What do you like to listen to in the car? - newman

I bought a portable dab for dads car, but his new one has it in built.

Good idea as you can use your current radio, but so many wires to contend with.

I don't mind wires - is it any good? I'm not sure whether to go for one. I really miss listening to Planet Rock!

I too, never drive without some tunes on. There's some songs that are just made for driving. I'm sure other drivers must shake their heads at traffic lights at a woman singing at the top of her voice to Space Truckin' or somesuch....

What do you like to listen to in the car? - jamie745

Space Truckin? Oh deary me.

Inspired by the new Cadbury advert i did have Jermaine Stewart's "We dont have to take our clothes off" in the car reasonably loudly today LOL

I find if i make up CD's or something for the car it'll be totally different to something i'd listen to at home. I love things like Metallica with the nine minute song's etc but i never seem to put that in the car, in the car i'll go for something poppy or old 70's rock, you feel like Gene Hunt if you go around with Ballroom Blitz and Wishing Well on your stereo.

Trawling through an old cupboard of singles my parents bought many moons ago i found Haddaway's What is Love EP from 1993, and i played it loudly, people looked, people pointed, never again.

Edited by jamie745 on 17/05/2011 at 17:47

What do you like to listen to in the car? - gordonbennet

If a 4 cylinder tractor engine then Alice Cooper is still my favourite...don't think for a minute that the 3 songs of his they play on the radio is anything like the older album stuff, still great.

If a proper 6 or more cylinder (preferably petrol) engine then that's music enough.

What do you like to listen to in the car? - Pebble

Sadly, my New Yorker only has an AM/FM radio, no 8-track or cassette player, so I usually end up listening to Christian rock, or angry conservative talk radio. When I've had cars with cassette players I was in good shape, because I've got hundreds of tapes if not thousands--then I'd crank up the Nineties grunge and alternative rock, or homemade compilation tapes. Polka music too!

What do you like to listen to in the car? - dadbif
Stones, pink floyd, ELO....

Under My Wheels - awesome driving song!!

Also everyone has put Jessica by the Allman Brothers on to pretend to be on Top Gear haven't they...?!!