Peugeot Partner Tepee - coil spring assistors - Diver

I made the mistake of buying another Peugeot......

I have a wheelchair adapted Partner Tepee which delivers the most awful ride to parrengers and driver alike. The suspension bottoms out on the slightest road surface imperfection and as for speed bumps.... I have to come to a dead stop and roll very carefully over them to prevent grounding out. I have been advised by a friend who owns a Fiat Doblo that he had the same problem which he overame with spring assistors. I am as mechanically minded as a goldfish, so would appreciate some further advice as the only info I have read about these assistors say that they can cause the springs to break. Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks......

Peugeot Partner Tepee - coil spring assistors - injection doc

The spring assitors that are more prone to breaking the road springs are the rubber ring type that fit between the coils.

I have used the above in the past, not very good. I have also used air assisted shocks,excellent, and air assisted springs ( air ballon inside spring ) these are very good or air bags to fit on the bump stops. You can also buy secondary springs to fit inside springs that take the weight , these are very good as they dont spoil the ride height but in your case as the weight is permanent I would contact these people,

http://www.mad-suspension.co.uk/

I have used this company many many times and all the products have done what they say on the tin.