Hyundai ix35 - Delivery - carazy

Not seen a lot here lately on 2.0 litre 4wd delivery delays since the announcement of the "temporary" 1.7 issue.

Have just had a call today from my dealer who says my 2.0 4wd will be ready by end of May. That seems a definite as I am told it is in the UK and just needs to go through delivery, PDI, registration etc. Good luck to any of you out there still waiting - may be things are now moving!

Hyundai ix35 - Delivery - daveyjp

Why do Hyundai need three weeks? It took Audi about 5 days to do delivery, PDI etc on my last new one.

Hyundai ix35 - Delivery - DtV

Collected my temporary 1.7 Style 31th March; collect my 2.0 4WD Style 9th May. Nine month wait for 4WD.

Dan.

Hyundai ix35 - Delivery - 105Ewithaheater

Not seen a lot here lately on 2.0 litre 4wd delivery delays since the announcement of the "temporary" 1.7 issue.

Have just had a call today from my dealer who says my 2.0 4wd will be ready by end of May. That seems a definite as I am told it is in the UK and just needs to go through delivery, PDI, registration etc. Good luck to any of you out there still waiting - may be things are now moving!

just a few thoughts, chaps. I think your optimism may just be misplaced. things may not be moving as they should... My son in law ordered a ix35 - 2.0diesel, 4WD with all packs in black - back at beginning of October2010. Latest info from "supplier" is likely delivery end of September2011. 11 months for a bog standard motor. somebody, somewhere has to be taking the p***. Problem with this is the info comes from HUK to a "supplier", then to a leasing company and then to the large company for whom said s-i-l works, and the chain of communication makes it difficult to pin down any info. and it seems to me that HUK have just about given up on trying to explain anything.

Quite by chance I am looking for an auto, diesel soft roader with no budget restraints. After all that I have heard and read about the farce with HUK I will not be buying an ix35.

all the best. M

Delays on 2.0 crdi 4wd are/have been worldwide. Delivery also depends on colour & option packs. I believe Hyundai simply got it wrong! They expected demand to be for 2wd smaller engines (target being Nissan Quashqai and the like) and were caught out with 2.0 4wd demand. HUK have always responded directly to my communications and, apparently, in the face of increasing anger and order cancellations across the dealerships set up the offer of "temporary" 1.7's for customers with the longest delays. My dealer is in contact with HUK and the importers and knows the car I ordered is now in the UK. Why it takes a couple of weeks instead of a few days to delivery I don't know, except I am having paint and interior protection applied and a towbar fitted. Actually I would rather wait a couple of weeks for a vehicle recently out of the factory than a copuple of days for one that's been sitting in the compound, shunting around doing the engine no good for a couple of months or more. I am not attempting to defend Hyundai - they messed up big time. But I was prepared to wait for the car I want. For my needs, having spent 10 years with a brilliant Subaru Forester, there were 2 choices; ix35 or yeti. The rest were simply "also ran", especially the expensive poser german badges and the "pretend SUV" Ford & Nissan!!

Hyundai ix35 - Delivery - Collos25
If we are talking about 4 wheel drive performance then the so called poser German vehicles came first in the annual tests on the slopes of the alps beating offerings from Range and Land Rover the Hyundai along with other soft roaders were also rans.These also called German badged poser vehicles will after a few years will still be worth good money unlike other vehicles.
Hyundai ix35 - Delivery - cornsey

Hi All

still waiting for my 4wd 2.0 premium in piston grey.not on latest build list so now have to wait til june list. ordered 31st august 2010 so its been 9 months now.so take of the initial quoted delivery date it is 6 months late..customer services dont offer any hope and just apologise every time a new build list comes out!! totally useless!!!

Well, my post earlier this month did stir things up a bit! I think if you're waiting for a car through a broker or company leasing it will take longer as there is not the same "push" to finish the deal as at a good OE dealer. Must be good to have no budget restraints in car buying - how about a AWD Bentley! - or a gold plated Sloane Ranger! Most people actually just go look round the showrooms and buy something they like the look of. Others study the facts and make a decision based on needs and costs, which are different for us all. If I lived in the alps I would fit snow tyres and chains - which make 2wd go through snow better than 4wd with fashionable wide low profile all-season rubber. If I wanted to climb mountains I would buy a Unimog! Anyway, enough of the wind-up! As stated, my new 4wd 2.0 crdi premium IS here having a towbar fitted and will be collected soon. However, apparently wait times still depend upon colour & spec. and you can still be faced with up to 6 months wait (depending on spec) if you order today - but some specs are available from stock. Final point - friend of mine ordered a Ford early 2011 for delivery end April - after missing May the "promise" has just been switched from June to July! Hope this gets some entertaining replies!

I find it hard to think that I would wait so long for a piece of tin when there are so many alternatives available to be had without waiting maybe secondhand or pre registered.Its not as if the Hyundai is special in anyway and certainly not the Ford, but here in Germany long waiting times for new vehicles are the norm so its not just a UK thing.
Hyundai ix35 - Delivery - karen2317

Can you tell me where you got your supplier information from. I have been waiting a year for my car in 2 weeks time and I cannot get any information on likely wait time from anyone. Even the MD cannot give me a date?

Hyundai ix35 - Delivery - Craigdm

Still waiting ?

I've just sold my 2.0 diesel as I just couldn't get more than 38mpg, even after 14 months and 17K Miles.

Sportage is better looking as well.... IMHO, of course.

Hyundai ix35 - Delivery - johnnybgoode

Still waiting ?

I've just sold my 2.0 diesel as I just couldn't get more than 38mpg, even after 14 months and 17K Miles.

Sportage is better looking as well.... IMHO, of course.

Ok...is that the only reason craig...fuel...what have you bought instead ?

well here we are 9th june car ahs been on order since 31st august last year.today i get another e-mail from hyundai uk customer service to say that production has now moved sites and there will be further delays.only 2 weeks ago i questioned the move and was told it wasnt going to happen.so much for being up front with everybody who has been waiting.customer service and everything else Hyundai is total crap!!

Hyundai ix35 - Delivery - Westpig

well here we are 9th june car ahs been on order since 31st august last year.

At what point would you call it quits?

1 year, 15 months, longer?

Wasn't the only reason TBH, I was quite happy with the car in general.

It was just a good time for me to get out of it. I was lucky enough to buy my IX35 before they realised there would be supply problems, and I also got it for a good price (£18700, 2.0 diesel Premium).

When the Nissan dealer offered me £16,900 for it against a Juke, I almost snatched his hands off. Juke is £25/month cheaper on the PCP, and they gave me £1800 cashback. That's before the £50/month saving in fuel.

Still, the IX35 was a great car and I'm glad I had it for a year (and 17K miles), just have a nagging feeling that the Kia looks even better in the flesh....

Wasn't the only reason TBH, I was quite happy with the car in general.

It was just a good time for me to get out of it. I was lucky enough to buy my IX35 before they realised there would be supply problems, and I also got it for a good price (£18700, 2.0 diesel Premium).

When the Nissan dealer offered me £16,900 for it against a Juke, I almost snatched his hands off. Juke is £25/month cheaper on the PCP, and they gave me £1800 cashback. That's before the £50/month saving in fuel.

Still, the IX35 was a great car and I'm glad I had it for a year (and 17K miles), just have a nagging feeling that the Kia looks even better in the flesh...

so what is your opinion of the juke then craig..which version have you got.

Wife has the turbo Juke (190bhp) and that's a lovely little pocket rocket. I've opted for the more sensible Diesel version, and first impressions are pretty good.

Only thing I can think of, is how I'm going to miss the heated seats in the winter !

Germany today in autobild.

They have just announced price increases across the range for all ix35 models the 2.0d is not now listed as a current model.

They have just announced price increases across the range for all ix35 models the 2.0d is not now listed as a current model.

Have to admit I was a bit worried as to why they would drop this engine. However, whilst my german is not too good, I think this quote from Autobild suggests the 2.0 litre is still alive and kicking? Die aktuelle Preisliste startet nun bei 20.690 Euro für den ix35 1.6 mit Frontantrieb. Ab 23.890 Euro ist das günstigste Diesel-Modell zu haben, der ix35 1.7 CRDi. Bei den Allradmodellen beginnt der Einstieg bei 25.490 Euro für den ix35 2.0, der Diesel kostet ab 27.090 Euro

Have to admit I was a bit worried as to why they would drop this engine. However, whilst my german is not too good, I think this quote from Autobild suggests the 2.0 litre is still alive and kicking? Die aktuelle Preisliste startet nun bei 20.690 Euro für den ix35 1.6 mit Frontantrieb. Ab 23.890 Euro ist das günstigste Diesel-Modell zu haben, der ix35 1.7 CRDi. Bei den Allradmodellen beginnt der Einstieg bei 25.490 Euro für den ix35 2.0, der Diesel kostet ab 27.090 Euro

in english !

The current price list will now start at 20 690 for the ix35 1.6 with front-wheel drive. 23 890 from the cheapest diesel model is to have the ix35 1.7 CRDi. In the four-wheel models, the entry starts at 25 490 for the ix35 2.0, the diesel will cost from 27 090

Listen Read phonetically Dictionary
Hyundai ix35 - Delivery - bertie01

Hi,

I am new on this forum. I am waiting for a hyundai ix35 1.7

Sorry, but which is "temporary" 1.7 issue?

Regards, George

Hyundai ix35 - Delivery - RT

Those who ordered 2.0CRDi models were offered at 1.7 as a temporary measure with the option to change to 2.0 when they become available.

Although the 1.7 is more plentiful, I guess that diverting some production of it to would-be 2.0 owners will have reduced the availability of 1.7 - which won't be helped as they build up stocks of the new i40, most of which will be ordered with the 1.7 engine.

whay hey!!

car being delivered to my home address on Friday 1st july.exactly 10 months from date of order although not the colour i ordered.

hope its going to be worth the wait!!!

whay hey!!

car being delivered to my home address on Friday 1st july.exactly 10 months from date of order although not the colour i ordered.

hope its going to be worth the wait!!!

what colour did you order ?#let us know what you think when you get it