c15/ 1.9d Berlingo mpv - XUD engine - ferrous wheel

Hi, I curently own a citroen c15 van. The engine is a XUD diesel engine which is fantastic.

It starts first time, even though I put in waste vegetable oil, with the normal diesel.

I feel that the engine will keep going and going, unfortuatly the body work wont get through many more MOT'S.

Some one told me the answer to my dilema is, to buy a diesel Berlingo 1.9d. Which would be newer and also have the wouderfull XUD engine in.

In other words berlingos are fitted with the XUD. As I would like to keep my engines simple. I would like to avoid engines with all of that engine management systems and computer stuff.

My problem is I do not know if it is true that berlingo's have the XUD engine.

I also do not know if it is true. Up to what year the model is that I should look for.

Some people swear blinde up until 2005. Other people say the mark I berlingo only.

Some one else said citroen didn't put the XUD in the berlingo.

I thought at one point that it was true that I could look up until the year 2005.

But then I was thrown by seeing a 1.9d berlingo 2004 with a ECU engine management system.

None of the sites such as wikipedia go into enough detail.

So please can you help me find out what berlingo I should look for.

PS. Does any one have a front suspension spring for a c15.

Thanks.

Edited by ferrous wheel on 24/04/2011 at 21:39

c15/ 1.9d Berlingo mpv - XUD engine - Peter.N.

I believe the later XUD engines have partial electronic management but I don't see why you cant fit a purely mechanical engine in place of one, I would suggest you try here ;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=c7c40b90a7d4998c21140b519ba19a03

c15/ 1.9d Berlingo mpv - XUD engine - ferrous wheel

Hi Peter,

Can you be more spercific, do you know what years have what? How can I find out?