Fiat punto 60 s - oil pressure light flashing ??? - girlmechanikruby

my car failed its MOT on oil pressure light flashing, aside from the fact that i didnt think it could fail on an oil lights, why is it flashing? it had a rocker cover gasket seal leak, but ive replaced that. i also gave it a service so it has oil in. but when i got the new oil filter it was smaller, we put it on and ran it up, and it didnt seem to be leaking. as im currently 100 miles away from my vehicle i cant actually check myself, but any advice to why its flashing is appreciated.

many thanks.

Fiat punto 60 s - oil pressure light flashing ??? - Peter D

You fitted the wrong filter yet you drove it. Oh dear, the filter may be your problem or did you use gasket sealer then you replaced the gasket. Regards Peter

Fiat punto 60 s - oil pressure light flashing ??? - Cymrogwyllt

A smaller, depth wise, filter may not be a problem as long as the gasket sealing face is exactly the same as the original.

Fiat punto 60 s - oil pressure light flashing ??? - bathtub tom

>>my car failed its MOT on oil pressure light flashing

I can't find anything in the MOT testers manual to justify a fail for this.

Are you sure it's the oil pressure warning light that's flashing? If so, you may have very good grounds for appeal.

Fiat punto 60 s - oil pressure light flashing ??? - SteveLee

I agree - I can't see how they can fail it for a flashing oil pressure light. Appeal.

Fiat punto 60 s - oil pressure light flashing ??? - injection doc

"I can't see how they can fail it for a flashing oil pressure light. Appeal."

I suspect they refused to continue the test ! rather than a fail ! I suspect once they started the emissions test and discovered the ight on they suspended the test.

If they had continued and the engine seized up they would be the bad boys ! as they have failed or refused to continue they are bad boy's ! they are in a no win situation Typical of the motor trade.

Fiat punto 60 s - oil pressure light flashing ??? - bathtub tom

>>I suspect once they started the emissions test and discovered the ight on they suspended the test.

Good point, I hadn't considered that.

Fiat punto 60 s - oil pressure light flashing ??? - girlmechanikruby

the gasket on the oil filter was smaller. the width of it was smaller not the depth. it was fine at the time, i ran it up to temperature because i did the rad at the same time and had to bleed the system. yet my dad has just phoned and said there appears to be no leak and that the oil light is not on now having run it for a while after repairing my exhaust. im confused. could this be a wiring fault or am i looking at a new oil pressure sender?