I have a 1999 vauxhall omega 2.0 automatic. - Wrong tyre size - Proton

I took it in to have the brake pads replaced. while I was there I metioned that I have not got a spare tyre and I could do with a second hand one just in caes of a puncture.
He sold me one with a good tread and good walls on it
When I got home I noticed that the tyre size was 205/60 R15 instead of 195/65 R15

will this be OK to use or should I take it back
Thanks for any help :-)
I have a 1999 vauxhall omega 2.0 automatic. - Wrong tyre size - oldroverboy

if the wheel fits it.s ok as a spare to get you home and won,t make a lot of difference. Just replace with repaired tyre when you get home. Much better and safer than a "space saver" and some front wheel drive cars cannot be driven with a space saver. I always buy a used wheel and fit tyre on it instead of space savers, If I'm 200 miles from home on a wet evening I can't drive that distance safely on a space saver or a run flat for that matter. keep the omega going, lovely big safe car! happy motoring!

Edited by OldRoverboy on 03/04/2011 at 08:54

I have a 1999 vauxhall omega 2.0 automatic. - Wrong tyre size - RT

Some Vauxhalls, including Omega, Carlton and Cavalier were sold with different sized spare wheels because the spare wheel wasn't big enough to accomodate ever increasing wheel/tyre sizes - their Opel equivalent had no problem because a space saver was fitted but the Vauxhall version had to make do with a smaller normal road wheel/tyre.

It wouldn't have been legal to use it as a spare - but I routinely have a different size spare because I often upgrade the tyres at replacement and I would have no conscience about using it in emergency.

I have a 1999 vauxhall omega 2.0 automatic. - Wrong tyre size - Ossett Tyre House

Hi

This tyre is fine as a temporary spare but we wouldn't recommend running as a constant tyre. This size is as close as you can get to a 195/65r15 with the rolling radius of the tyre apart from a 225/55r15

Hope this helps

Edited by Avant on 30/04/2011 at 23:25