citroen zx 1.9d change to a 1.9 td - leerichmond21
I am thinking about changeing my normal diesel engine for a turbo diesel engine.

Whot modifications will i need to make eg,
fuel tank
brakes
wireing harness
gearbox
air senses
thermostats

i have a complete car so i have access to all the parts on the td model

thanx could you plz tell me as i can do all the jobs myself
citroen zx 1.9d change to a 1.9 td - M.M
You will need the complete engine/gearbox from the TD which will get you the h/d clutch and correct gear ratios. I think the TD clutch cable is different too.

Also you need the TD driveshafts and ventilated front brakes. I'm sure the front shock absorbers are uprated on the TD.

You will need the intercooler air intake ducting that is part of the underbonnet padding. Also the radiator from the TD will be needed.

If the replacement engine's vehicle had a keypad immobiliser you will either need to fit that or disable its function on the diesel pump. I think the glowplug relay is different too.

Use the TD exhaust front pipe as a minimum, possibly the complete system.

Most other detail parts should be obvious from studying the underbonnet layouts.

MM
are the calipers the same.
ive got a whole car for parts,
do you think the convertion is worth it?
If your old car has solid discs you'll need the calipers to go with the vented discs.

Personal opinion is that ZXs fetch so little it is easier to buy a TD and sell the old one....Unless the rest of your old one is mint with a blown engine and you're getting a good TD engine for a lowish price.

I've seen breakers ask more for a TD engine/transmission than the whole car would cost you in the Friday night paper.

MM
citroen zx 1.9d change to a 1.9 td - Citroënian {P}
MM wrote:
>Personal opinion is that ZXs fetch so little...

Just met up with a friend who got a 1.9TD SX on an "R" plate for a tiny outlay. The car is a corker, goes like stink and pulls like a train - just as these cars do.

I'd agree with MM, hunt high and low, find a good one and wonder just how it can drive so well while using so little fuel.

Lee.
i can get the crashed td for £50 with 88k on the clock so now do u think it is worth it? i can do all the jobs myself, r the engines very good, my car is in excellent order so thats y i only wanna change the engine, both mine and the td are on m plates
do i have too change the wireing harness or is there any extra wireing to do eg:
airflow senses and chip
Have you seen an airflow meter or ECU on the crashed TD then?

MM
No i aint seen an airflow meter or the ecu because im not sure if they have one.?

if so will the wireing be already installed within the car or will i have to install the wiring harnes from the td/part of the wireing harness.just finding as much info about problems that will occur b4 i start the installation off the td,

my car is a citroen zx 1.9diesel dimension m reg
the engine is comeing out of a citroen zx 1.9td vocano m reg
citroen zx 1.9d change to a 1.9 td - Jon Cunningham-Smith
Don't bother converting, it would cost more in time and hassle to change. Citroen even had a habit of changing the wiring looms.

P reg, newer model 1.9 TD SX Estate only about £2100.

Agree with the guy who said that the car's a corker and goes like stink.

My P reg TD estate is as a result, most definitely not for sale.

If above budget too much, there have got to be plenty of earlier ones still around that are good.

This page of the forum maybe of interest to reinforce your decision to change.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=i&t=73...9

Cheers - Jon S
citroen zx 1.9d change to a 1.9 td - DavidHM
If you can do the work yourself, there's a good financial case for the conversion.

However, speak to your insurance company as well. As a modded car, they might want a comedy premium for it, i.e., more than a later one would cost to buy outright.
they only want £60 extra coz there is a td zx dimention already in there list
bypass the imobliser on a citroen zxtd - leerichmond21
can anyone tell me can i bypass the imobliser on a citroen zx td(keypad type) coz i want to take the engine out to put in my citroen zx diesel
bypass the imobliser on a citroen zxtd - Mark (RLBS)
Lee,

You don\'t need multiple threads. Please confine all questions on the same subject to one place. Every time you add a note it will push your thread to the top of the list anyway.

Mark.