Ford Fiesta 2001 - 2001 Fiesta on ebay - high miles - should I bid? - jt7747

I found this car on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2001-FORD-FIESTA-FREESTYLE-GREEN-1250-CHEAP-CAR-3-DOOR-/130499640948?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1e62627e74#ht_679wt_1139

Just passed MOT. 167 k miles.

I'm after a cheap run around. I just last week scrapped my beloved mk2 fiesta. I don't do a lot of miles, I don't care about the dents, I just want something reasonably reliable.

There's a bit of rust on the wheel arches in the pics. How serious is this for a 2001 fiesta? Evidently they didn't cause an MOT failure, and the seller tells me the only advisory was the rear wishbones.

So, experienced folks, what dyou think? Worth going to take a look at the weekend? I know it's not taxed, so an extended test drive might be out of the question, but we might be able to potter around the street a little.

Cheers

Ford Fiesta 2001 - 2001 Fiesta on ebay - high miles - should I bid? - Dutchie

Nothing to stop you having a look.Rust looks supervicial listen to the engine have a word with the chap who owns the car .Its always a change buying a old car.You might be lucky.

Ford Fiesta 2001 - 2001 Fiesta on ebay - high miles - should I bid? - injection doc

well at least it doesnt appear to be clocked ! I would rather see the high miles. May be well worn but if its cheap it may do the job

Ford Fiesta 2001 - 2001 Fiesta on ebay - high miles - should I bid? - Mike H
And it does say that the wheels on it won't be there, it will have "Fiesta alloys with good tyres" - take a look at the actual tyres that will be on it when sold, otherwise you might have an instant outlay! Add check the wheels aren't buckled, cracked, or otherwise faulty.
Ford Fiesta 2001 - 2001 Fiesta on ebay - high miles - should I bid? - primeradriver

Probably serviceable enough but IMO it's already at the high end of what it's worth (£360 as I type) -- I certainly wouldn't be wanting to spend much more than £400 on it.

It's more rusty than some cars I've had that I've thought of as rotboxes... probably not more than another MOT or two left in it before it starts to cost £££ to keep on the road.

Ford Fiesta 2001 - 2001 Fiesta on ebay - high miles - should I bid? - jt7747

Thanks. Yeah, I suspect it's got a bit pricey for me now, and will probably finish higher too