Peugeot 207 1.4 VTI Sport petrol - New Peugeot 207 owner - Advice needed - Tel The Nipper

Hi Guys, I’m a proud new owner of a 2010 (10 plate) Peugeot 207 1.4 VTI Sport petrol, with less than 6,000 miles on the clock and I am very happy with it (I like the all the toys that you get with as standard). I have noticed a few things though and being a new 207 owner and never having owned a Peugeot before, I don’t know if they are normal or not, so I hoping that you guys will steer me in the right direction. I’ve noticed a tapping noise coming from the engine, now I don’t know if this is the normal engine noise of the 207 or there is something abnormal. I can just about hear this tapping, while I am stopped at traffic lights for example with the window closed and when I park the car and leave the engine running and get out it’s very noticeable. Also when I start the engine and let it idle for a while I can hear a click noise every so often, when I rev the engine it seems to disappear for a while then it comes back. I’m just wonder what this noise could be?

Peugeot 207 1.4 VTI Sport petrol - New Peugeot 207 owner - Advice needed - injection doc

The tapping noise you hear at tick over may just be the injector solonoids clicking if its faint, and the intermitant click may be the air con pump or EVAP valve.

To be honest if tyou have a noise that concerns you , my advise would be to visit your dealer.