Nissan Micra Sprita 2006 - Flat battery can't open car -Help please ? - Liv

Hi, I have just bought a 2nd hand Micra (2 days ago) I went to use it this morning (for the 1st time) and can't unlock it - I am certain the battery is flat as the I discovered that the boot was not locked properly ! I can't see any way of manually sing the key to unlock the door, so I can't even get the battery recharged ! I hope someone can give me advice Please !

Thank you

Liv

Nissan Micra Sprita 2006 - Flat battery can't open car -Help please ? - Robin the Technician

suggest you call the AA or RAC...they will know how to open this.

Nissan Micra Sprita 2006 - Flat battery can't open car -Help please ? - injection doc

on the passenger door there should be a moulding on the handle or rubber grommet where a lock would normally be, remove cover and insert emergency key from inside key fob to unlock. If you use jump leads , when connected leave for 5 mins at least before you turn ignition on to start, this allows the battery to partially recover to reduce spiking electrical components with a sudden rush of electric

Thank you very much for the advice, I managed to get in - unfortunately didn't read your message until after I had been jump started. What sort of damage occurs with spiking electrical componants ? - in case you you hadn't guessed I know nothing about cars apart from getting in one and driving !

Thanks Liv

Nissan Micra Sprita 2006 - Flat battery can't open car -Help please ? - injection doc

no need to worry if everything works ok. Its a precaution. Did you gain access through the passenger door handle with the emergency key ? I'm sure others would like to know for the future ?

Yes I did ! It took me a while to find it though - it is on the front passenger door, if you bend down you will see a little indent underneath the handle, I put my key here and gently prised and the the "cap" came off revealing a key hole. By the way my battery was flat because my boot was not closed properly, I see from searching the net that this is a problem with some Micras - I have to close the boot and drive with the central locking system on, someone suggested spraying the boot catch with WD 40 so I will try that .

Further to my query about the electrics, as I was driving this morning, a beeping started , with no warning light on the console, it was very unnerving and annoying but stopped after about 5 mins, this is why I was concerned that I had done something with the electrics when jump starting , I was fiddling with the radio when this happened !

Thanks for your reply !

Liv