Ford Focus - DPF question - dh1983
With the first version on the dpf on the 2.0 tdci engine does it suffer from the same problems as these new dpf, i mean the short drive and regeneration issue?
The version i have on my car needs the fluid topup every 37k
Ford Focus - DPF question - junelee
Does thisS this mean ford should have refilled
My dpf at 37000 miles when I brought the car from them??? As I am sitting in ford now paying for it at 45000 miles !!!!
Ford Focus - DPF question - thunderbird

2.0 TDCi Fords do not use Eolys and do not require any refills or maintenance. The refill only applies to the 1.6 engines.

If they are pretending to refill a 2.0 and are charging you for it they should be prosecuted.

Ford Focus - DPF question - jacks

2.0 TDCi Fords do not use Eolys and do not require any refills or maintenance. The refill only applies to the 1.6 engines.

If they are pretending to refill a 2.0 and are charging you for it they should be prosecuted.

The OP doesn't state the year, earlier 2.0 PSA engines don't have the dpf, later ones do - you would need to check the VIN number

For example I have a 2010 Volvo s40 fitted with the 2.0 PSA Duratorq engine (as fitted to Focus,Peugeot,Volvo etc) and this does have the DPF, but earlier 2006 models with this engine don't have DPF's,

So some 2.0 engines have them - there's no definite answer without seeing the car/ orcross referencing the VIN

The OP doesn't state the year, earlier 2.0 PSA engines don't have the dpf, later ones do - you would need to check the VIN number

For example I have a 2010 Volvo s40 fitted with the 2.0 PSA Duratorq engine (as fitted to Focus,Peugeot,Volvo etc) and this does have the DPF, but earlier 2006 models with this engine don't have DPF's,

So some 2.0 engines have them - there's no definite answer without seeing the car/ orcross referencing the VIN

Fully aware of all that but the point I was making is simple when fitted with a DPF the 2.0 TDCi Focus does not require a refill at 37000 miles, it is only the 1.6 TDCi that needs that.

Ford/Volvo/Peugeot/Citroen/Mazda/Mini and probably more use the 1.6 PSA engine and it uses an Eolys tank in all DPF installs, as far as I know only Ford specify 37,000 mile fill ups. The 2.0 TDCi uses a totally different DPF (when fitted) that does not use Eolys and thus does not require a fill up. Since the OP refers to a 2.0 TDCi his car does not require fill ups, end of story.

Fully aware of all that but the point I was making is simple when fitted with a DPF the 2.0 TDCi Focus does not require a refill at 37000 miles, it is only the 1.6 TDCi that needs that.

Ford/Volvo/Peugeot/Citroen/Mazda/Mini and probably more use the 1.6 PSA engine and it uses an Eolys tank in all DPF installs, as far as I know only Ford specify 37,000 mile fill ups. The 2.0 TDCi uses a totally different DPF (when fitted) that does not use Eolys and thus does not require a fill up. Since the OP refers to a 2.0 TDCi his car does not require fill ups, end of story.

Sorry ! no - you are wrong

The 2.0 TDCi PSA engines (the later versions - as fitted to my Volvo and Focus/Peugeot) DO have a dpf and use the EOLYS fluid system that tops up the system (36K top up service interval) and requires a replacement filter at 72K.

It's clearly stated in the service schedule - confirmed by the manufacturuer.

Sorry - no polite way to say this - you are wrong on this one

All the PSA Euro V variants (1.6 & 2.0) fitted with DPF use the Eolys system with a service routine of fluid top up at 36K/replacement filter at 72K

Euro IV versions (1.6 & 2.0) don't have DPF and therefore no fluid/filter maintainance

Euro IV versions (1.6 & 2.0) don't have DPF and therefore no fluid/filter maintainance

To use your own words, sorry - no polite way to say this - you are wrong on this one. Euro IV 1.6TDCi 110PS and 2.0TDCi had DPF, the 90PS 1.6 did not. The 1.6 used Eolys the 2.0 did not. If you wanted a Euro IV Focus without a DPF (other than the sadly underpowered 90PS variant) the 1.8 TDCi did not have one.

I know all this because we had a Euro 3 focus 110TDCI and it obviously had no DPF. When we traded looked to get another Focus, 1.6 was out due to Eolys, 1.8 was out since it drove like a 20 year old dog We liked the 2.0 (no Eolys) but the Kia Ceed 1.6 CRDi was bigger and just a quick and way more economical with a better warranty, again no Eolys.

This has been bugging me, we both cannot be correct. Spoke to our fleet guy at work, we have the 1.6 TDCi 110PS in Focus, 308, V50 and Mazda3, all require Eolys fill up at 37,500 and replacement DPF at 75,000. We have 2.0 TDCi in Focus and S-Max, neither requires Eolys fill up or scheduled DPF replacement.

He rang his contact at local Ford dealer to confirm and the plot thickens. It appears that the 2.0 TDCi can have what he called a “coated” or “uncoated” DPF, if its uncoated it has the Eolys tank, if its coated its maintenance free. Simple way to tell, open fuel flap, if there is a silver “magnet” on the hinge its uncoated and requires Eolys, no magnet its coated, no Eolys. Apparently the magnet senses when you insert nozzle into tank and releases the Eolys into the diesel, you learn something everyday.

Looks like we were both correct after all.

No - it looks like you were wrong.

Your OP said

"2.0 TDCi Fords do not use Eolys and do not require any refills or maintenance"

and your last post admitted that some 2.0 do (as I said all along)

No - it looks like you were wrong.

Your OP said

"2.0 TDCi Fords do not use Eolys and do not require any refills or maintenance"

and your last post admitted that some 2.0 do (as I said all along)

How the fek do you work that one out.

I said 2.0 did not use Eolys but now I have found out some do.

You said that all 2.0 used Eolys and I have posted the proof that they don't

Therefore we are both part right and both part wrong.

Edited by Avant on 03/10/2012 at 23:26

Ford Focus - DPF question - MikeTorque

Ford Euro V 1.6 & 2.0 diesel engines have a coated DPF, no fluid required.

To check if a vehicle requires fluid and/or DPF change use the tool below :-

Select menu option "Vehicle" then enter reg. number, then select "Generate a FordService schedule" and then select a service for any given year/mileage, then scan down the details shown and all will be revealed.

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

Edited by MikeTorque on 03/10/2012 at 23:57

Ford Focus - DPF question - boggles

Mike Torque, thanks for the very useful link. Our 1.6 Focus estate was recently in for a 37500 miles service, and the eolys was to be topped up. A really good local indy spent some time looking for the tank, to no avail. After checking with the Ford dealer, they were told ours has a euro v engine, so no eolys tank. There seems to be so much confusion about what has and what hasn't got the equipment. Nice to be able to enter the vin and see for myself. Remembering the problems a friend had with a Peugeot, where the tank got a full dose of eolys, no matter how much diesel you put in. We have been letting ours run down to about 25 miles range before fuelling, but will be able to top up at half full now.

I said 2.0 did not use Eolys but now I have found out some do.

You said that all 2.0 used Eolys and I have posted the proof that they don't

Therefore we are both part right and both part wrong.

No wrong again I didn't say that - my first post on this thread said (read it again and check)

earlier 2.0 PSA engines don't have the dpf, later ones do - you would need to check the VIN number

.........I never said ALL 2.0 used Eolys

I also said

"So some 2.0 engines have them - there's no definite answer without seeing the car/ orcross referencing the VIN "

So you can see I've made it clear twice that some do and some don't have the DPF/ Eolys . To say that I said all 2.0 have the DPF is patently wrong

I can't make it any clearer - it's all there in the thread, but others must be bored of this now (I certainly am) so I won't post again on this thread.

Edited by jacks on 04/10/2012 at 15:51

so I won't post again on this thread.

Good, have a nice life and learn to read.

Ford Focus - DPF question - bathtub tom

>> so I won't post again on this thread.

Does that mean we can all now stop ducking from the swinging handbags?

;>)

Ford Focus - DPF question - leef

Good, have a nice life and learn to read.

Oh dear. Show some class. Another tough guy behind the keyboard.....

Although you both did amuse me.

Ford Focus - DPF question - colely

This has been bugging me, we both cannot be correct. Spoke to our fleet guy at work, we have the 1.6 TDCi 110PS in Focus, 308, V50 and Mazda3, all require Eolys fill up at 37,500 and replacement DPF at 75,000

I phoned ford direct and the dpf does not need replacing at 75k and if it did it would cost £637

Ford Focus - DPF question - Viz
Blimey, the price has come down. I had my DPF replaced at 92k, it cost £1100 ish.
Ford Focus - DPF question - gtamax

Basicly all ford parts on the volvo generic DPF

yes have fix for same see these videos

very informative material was found here on a fix i believe it can also be used on Peugeot ford etc etc with some variations to parameters but basically the same procedure.

DPF FIX PART 1 www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMf4m946aKA

DPF FIX PART 2 www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXLZEG6It8o