Chrysler Voyager - engine cutting out but starts - jktom2006

I have Chrysler voyager 2.5 SE turbo deisel, and it runs fine but cuts out when slowing down and sometimes on cornering as well

The garage mechanic is having headache now trying to solve this at first when he took it for road test previously he said he was fine and never cut out on him but now after I said to him I am sorry but its still cuts out he had it from me properly because it was awkward for me as I had no oher transport to use so my freinds at my garage where I bought the voager from has kindly loaned me another vehicle while he sorts the problem out.

Well up to now he is still baffled anyone with any suggestions?

Chrysler Voyager - engine cutting out but starts - madf

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=71009

http://www.ilexa.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=21367.0

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews517.html

http://www.fixya.com/cars/t953751-chrysler_voyager_2_5_diesel_cuts

Try the the last first- Air Flow Meter. Sounds consistent with your problems.

And change your garage. Any semi competent amateur can find the above in 5 minutes searching. Your garage are clearly incompetent

Chrysler Voyager - engine cutting out but starts - andrewn1975

I am currently having the same problem and being told by chrysler there is no problem. I have found lots of people who have the same problem now, so its proof there is something wrong with the car. I am trying to get in touch with everyone so we have proof of a bigger issue. I am currently taking this up with the ceo of chrysler the the MD of Fiat in the UK.

please email me with your details. Many thanks

andrew.nicholls@gmail.com

Chrysler Voyager - engine cutting out but starts - phatboyroy

i had a similar with our 2.8 crd, and wrote a post. i didn't see your post.

briefly, our problem was the fuel heater on top of the fuel filter.

the 12v plug fails and cracks the plastic body, allowing air in and diesel out which arcs the plug, which heats it up; which cracks it more; vicious cycle.

there'sd more on my post.

Chrysler Voyager - engine cutting out but starts - phatboyroy

As regards cutting out, they put the 'tester' on it several times over the last 12 months, and it hasn't thrown up any errors at all. HOWEVER, the auto mech drew on his experience, and correctly diagnosed a burnt out fuel heater plug and socket on top of the fuel filter. the heater gets too hot for the plastic housing and it eventually cracks allowing air to be sucked into the top of the housing. It also causes difficulty starting sometimes, we had the ‘glo-plugs changed last winter thinking it was that.
Anyway, costings, they also replaced the actual filter, (i think it's a redesigned housing but they replaced with a new filter anyway) £84, analysing £79, new plug and loom £15 with £120 labour. £220 and change ex vat, of course we don’t pay VAT.
the mech said that what also happens is that when they replace the filter, (annual service etc) the 'o' ring is not immediately apparent, so it often gets left in the housing. the 'inexperienced' mechanic comes along and puts a new 'o' ring in there so now there's 2 ‘o’ rings. of course this doesn't seat properly which also allows air into the filter and fuel system.
so if the cutting out has occurred since a service... go for the 2 'o' rings, if it's a random thing pre-service then i would plump for the fuel heater housing.

Chrysler Voyager - engine cutting out but starts - TTTT

Hi, hopefully usefull info, I have the 2.8CRD just purchased it with 3 months warrranty and it is not starting until after at least 3 attempts, so wondering if this is the problem and I need to mention this to the warranty company.

If they dont react do you have the part numbers as I will do the work myself, as I also work in electronics, also as I do not have manual yet, where can I find these parts located?

thanks for the info, TT

Chrysler Voyager - engine cutting out but starts - Jakz
Hi,

Can you tell me which Garage you got yours fixed, im having the same problem with mine and have been to 5 different garages and none can find the fault.

Thanks

I suspect there is a major problem with this car. You are not on your own, there are lots of people with the same problem and its downright dangerous. I can cite many examples where this failure has led to near accidents. I am currently building a case to take on Chrysler on this issue as currently they deny its existance and cannot apparently replicate the issue nor provide a solution. They need to be held to account. Would you be so kind as to email me at andrew.nicholls@gmail.com as your testimony to this issue would help yours and others cause. Thank you

please sign up to our wordpress and facebook page in reference to the voyager issue:

voyagerclassaction.wordpress.com/

www.facebook.com/pages/Class-Action-Law-Suit-Voyag...4

please pass on to others with the same problem

Chrysler Voyager - engine cutting out but starts - unthrottled

This is the second time you've dragged up every old thread regarding Chrysler Voyagers. Plerase stop it, it's annoying.

Chrysler Voyager - engine cutting out but starts - jamie745

Just as we thought we'd defeated them.

Chrysler Voyager - engine cutting out but starts - Jakz
Did Chrysler sort the problem out? Im having the exact same issue with mine.
Chrysler Voyager - engine cutting out but starts - Tulloch
Did Chrysler sort the problem out? Im having the exact same issue with mine.

Did you get any answers? Mine is doing the same but was not starting again for about 30 mins. I changed the cam sensor and checked the wiring and ill I have fixed now is its restarts right away, but still randomly cuts out. Has anyone come across the problem with a proven solution yet?

Chrysler Voyager - engine cutting out but starts - Avant

I agree with Unthrottled. I've left one thread in Technical open on this subject, plus this one: that's more than enough.

anyone would think you work for chrysler! :)

Chrysler Voyager - engine cutting out but starts - Hershey

The only 'fault' on the Chrysler Grand Voyager is the battery wasn't powerful enough. If you complain to Chrysler they will swap your battery for a stronger one, I think it's a mercedes one they put in there. If you can get the Varta one as it's 77aH, in comparison the Chrysler one is 40 something.

I would tend to disagree - they are terrible cars and deadly on the road.