ford fiesta 1.25 with zetec type engine - ford fiesta not starting!!! - my head hurts!

bought before xmas,and was anon starter,replaced battery and checked all basic stuff and after it one day cranking and not firing and then another day not even cranking it finally sprung into life...runs and drives great,but engine light on in dash,but only runs and starts when it wants too..when it starts and runs the light is on,then it will just stop either on a run or while on spot,and not start again,just crank and not fire,at this point the engine light will be off,then when it decides too a few days or longer after it will start again and be great untill the next time.....with the light on again! had code read and got p4020(catalist not effeicent to bank 1) reset engine light and guess what? now its off it wont run again...and sometimes not even crank over all decides on its mood. no fuel pump charge on ignition on when its like this and strangely the air con light glows slighty with ignition on when the car is a non starter...yet when its a runner it dont........my head truly hurts!!!! please help!

keith

ford fiesta 1.25 with zetec type engine - ford fiesta not starting!!! - my head hurts!

ps....its a sep 2001 model and the battery is fully charged.

ford fiesta 1.25 with zetec type engine - ford fiesta not starting!!! - Englishbullterrier

Does this model have an immobiliser (automatically activated by insertion of ther ignition key ?)

If so, it could well be playing up.,,...ebt

ford fiesta 1.25 with zetec type engine - ford fiesta not starting!!! - dadbif
Fault codes, fault codes.... Pull the plugs out , are you getting a spark when cranking? Are they wet indicating fuel, check the basics.

i cant test for a spark or wet plugs as cars not turning over! if it ever decides to do so again then i will. and yes its got the factory alarm/imobilser and all working ok,light gos off when keys inserted etc as by the handbook.