Renault Megane II 05 reg - High Megane repair costs - mikeymike

Took car to main dealer to investigate failed door handle entry switch (see previous post). Diagnosed faulty switch ! Amazing, just what we told them, however they quoted £130 as door panel has to be removed. (I know it's a tricky one cos I've tried to get it off before) But this seem a bit pricey. Anyone repaired one ?

At the same time they quoted £300 ish for cambelt + £80 if water pump is needed. 32k miles and 5 years old - is this due now ? and is that price competitive ?

Also quoted over 300 quid to replace handbrake mechanism as the plastic handle has come loose. Could not believe this is not available as a spare at a fiver. Anyone manage to repair one ? It's held together with sellotape now !

Also quoted 60 quid to replace lost clip on CV joint gaiter. Did this myself in 5 mins !

many thanks, Mike

Renault Megane II 05 reg - High Megane repair costs - track

Get the belt done by an independant, its out of warranty anyway surely. Price isnt going to come down by much though if Im honest. Handbrake handle is a massivley common fault as are door handles. Simple solution is breakers yards and a bit of DIY.

Renault Megane II 05 reg - High Megane repair costs - Collos25

£300 for a new cam belt is a good price at a main agents.The other problems as above a bit of ebay and scrapyard searching.