Ford Fiesta 1.3 Encore N reg - no wipers - davidpdavies

Recently i went to a salvage yard for a replacement Light/indicator stalk because the lights had failed on the car. I was sold another switch but when i fitted it the lights worked but when turning on the wipers i heard a crackling noise from the dash, the wipers wouldn't stop going up and down.Then they just stopped on the windscreen and now wont work at all. Have i just blown a fuse or something major !

Ford Fiesta 1.3 Encore N reg - no wipers - elekie&a/c doctor

You have probably blown a fuse.It is very possible that the switch you have bought is the wrong one.There are 2 types of switch fitted to this car ,they look identical but the wiring connections are very slightly differerent.Check the numbering on the connector pins to verify they are the same and also the part no of the switch.hth

Ford Fiesta 1.3 Encore N reg - no wipers - davidpdavies
Hi, thanks for you help, i didnt realise that there was another fuse box hidden behind a money tray under the steering wheel. had been checking the fuses in the engine bay. now i have found that there was a blown 2oamp fuse and replaced it. just gotta find the right part number now. car breakers in worcester ( RKR Malmoco) are a waste of space and they wanted to charge me to get their electrician to find the fault, when it was their mistake to begin with.