Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd - Jeep Won't start - ricesnaps

For the last couple of days, our 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee won't start. Struggles to unlock and switch off immobiliser and when turning the ignition, faint dash lights come on, it won't turn over and then dead - as iff I have a flat battery. Jumps starts with no problems from our other car.

Have had the RAC out and they checked the battery and said it was 100%, was taking a charge fine. They also said that when the car was not running and locked, there was still a small charge being drawn - about 1.3 amps I think.

Once started and left to tick over for a little while it start with no problems!

Any ideas - don't want to get to where I am going and not be able to get home!

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd - Jeep Won't start - dieselnut

It sounds like you have something electrical that is constantly taking current from the battery. If the RAC report a constant 1.3amps discharge, this will severely deplete a fully charged battery in 24 - 48 hours depending on its condition.

Check to make sure there are no lights permanently on like glove box, vanity mirror, interior lights or boot light.

If you cant find an obvious cause you will need to get an ammeter connected in series with the battery lead, then remove fuses one at a time until the current drops to near zero.