ford focus tdci - ford focus tdci leaking water into the boot - nick10121974

hi has any one found what is makeing the focus leak water into the boot i have it comeing in on both sides ive tryed sealing the light fittings. and then tryed again today so have to wait and see if its done it. i see there are a few on here with the same thing going on has anyone stoped there from doing and if so how and what was it that made it leak. if anyone has could they email me please at nick4hoties@live.co.uk

ford focus tdci - ford focus tdci leaking water into the boot - guss

My mothers 2007 Focus had a similar problem .It was fixed by a ford garage which involved fitting a new seal at the top of the rear hatch, near the plastic fitting that holds the centre brake light.She was told its a common fault as these seals a prone to leak as they age .Ford fixed it for about £30.

Edited by guss on 22/01/2011 at 19:25

hi thanks for your post. do you know if it was going right into the corners. as its been collecting behind the wheel arch carpets there is a bit that is cut out and it sits in there then fills up and comes over into the wheel well

ford focus tdci - ford focus tdci leaking water into the boot - guss

The water had got into the spare wheel well and the sides next to the wheel arches ..If i remember correctly it was where the plastic spoiler at the top of the rear window joins the glass .The seal decayed and allowed some of the water washing off the roof to seep into the boot area .Ford dealers know about it as the one she spoke to had seen quite a few.Its a fairly cheap fix by just replacing the seal

ok thanks well i think im going to have to put it into ford as i dont really get time to do it and ive tryed the lights but cant work it out

ford focus tdci - ford focus tdci leaking water into the boot - dh1983
I recently had water droplets down the side of my boot carpets and moisture under the boot liner on the floor. Took it into ford they traced the leak to my latches for the boot at the top and resealed them. Hope this helps :-)
ford focus tdci - ford focus tdci leaking water into the boot - johnnyhartnell@googlemail.com

Did resealing the hinges work? Mine is doing the same and my local ford body shop said they would need to take all the roof lining out of the car take off the hatch and reseal the whole back of the car...they said they have done over 50 to 100 of these and they can fix it!

And now for the catch they will need the car for over a week as its a big job and the last one thet did cost around £700... pretty poor for a car that's just over two years old