Nissan Pathfinder - Computer fault history - can it be recovered? - mrcahoody

I am having huge difficulties with Nissan regarding a fuel rail that I had replaced 16 months ago on my Pathfinder. About 6 months after having it fitted I experienced loss of power and took it back to my dealer. They told me that the fault code indicated a fuel rail problem again. When I told them the part was under warranty (12 months for the part - the vehicle itself was outside warranty), they changed their mind and said they made a mistake and there was no fault code (I know I was stupid not making more of it then).

Now, 16 months from the original replacement, I am getting the fuel rail fault code again and am faced with a £1,500 bill to repair. The dealer is understandably denying all knowledge of the original fault code and say they cannot check as all history on the computer has been deleted.

Is it possible to recover previously "cleared" fault information? I need to prove that the fault existed whilst the replacement fuel rail was within warranty to stand any chance of getting either Nissan or the dealer to do the right thing.

Couldn't be angrier about this!!

Nissan Pathfinder - Computer fault history - can it be recovered? - jc2

No.Not on the vehicle but Nissan UK may have a record of work done on their central computer but doubtful.

Edited by jc2 on 21/01/2011 at 17:08

Nissan Pathfinder - Computer fault history - can it be recovered? - injection doc

On some makes of vehicles the dealer tool can retrieve all the fault code history and on some makes of vehicle the fault code history can be stored else where but as for Nissan I don't know.

Nissan Pathfinder - Computer fault history - can it be recovered? - barney100

You can't think the daler is going to cure the car at their expense as they are making we know nothing noises. I reckon you can only contact Nissn directly and hope for some goodwill.

Nissan Pathfinder - Computer fault history - can it be recovered? - mrcahoody

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Nissan have wiped their hands of the issue and say that I have to go through the dealer. The dealer is denying all knowledge. I am stunned at Nissan's lack of desire to help. They refuse even to offer to repair at cost.

Its a shame because I think the car is a great machine (apart from the not working problems), but I will never have another Nissan if they can't be bothered to fulfil their moral obligations