Peugeot 206 - Peugeot 2.0 HDI Naughtyness - Drpepper99uk

Hi,

Sorry for the rather strange topic title, anyway on Monday I was driving back from work and on my way to my local Tesco station to fill up with Diesel and the fiel guage was reading about a few millimiters above the area where it would normally beep and display fuel low(or something to that effect) I have never intentionally driven my 206 in the reserve for fear of both running out of fuel and also sucking up a load of crap from the fuel tank.

Driving along nicely and then the engine management light came on along with a beep and anti pollution fault(which is something that has popped up ever now and then-my 206 does not have a FAP filter system) so I tried to start it and it wouldn't...I had to call the AA in the end which had to tow me back to my house(less than 2 miles away) but before doing so he tried various things like asking the obvious if there was sufficient fuel in the tank etc etc(which there was according the the guage) and upon connecting it to his computer it came back a fault relating to the error code P1112 fuel rail pressure.

Got it back to my house and after more faffing about he sprayed some easy start in the intake and asked me to turn the engine over and it did for about a second....5 litres of diesel in the tank and the poxy thing started with no problems other than a flattened battery from attempting to crank it over several times by myself and him. However- driving it now it's sluggish, more so in first and second gear(it feels like there is no boost going on) and you feel like your not moving at all sometimes, but once you get it going to can drive along a flat bit of motorway at 70 fine(adding more speed seems to take much longer than usual when driving at speed as I've noticed)

The last 2 days it had illuminated the engine management light and also beeped anti pollution fault on the central display whilst driving it along or from initial startup-this does not happen anymore for some strange reason, I did crap myself when this first happened as it had done this before and cut out, this is not the case now as I have since to see the light appear!!

Could the turbo be on it's way out or gone completely or maybe the injectors?? I could not get the top of the fuel filter housing off as I was going to check the fuel filter to see if that was gunked up and possibly replace the filter. I did notice a little bit of smoke when revving it in first gear to built up speed(albeit slowly) but there appears to be no more after asking a friend to follow me home and keep an eye on things.

Mike.

Peugeot 206 - Peugeot 2.0 HDI Naughtyness - injection doc

I would change the fuel filter first & check the pick up in the fuel tank, its possible its sludged up casuing low fuel pressure.

If the eng light is on it will be in limp mode and be on reduced power

Peugeot 206 - Peugeot 2.0 HDI Naughtyness - Avant

Moved to Technical where you should get more help in addition to the good advice from Injectiondoc.