Honda CR-V 2005 - Airbag warning light - Franky

Help ,

New to this site , i need advice on what to do to possibly avoid Mr. Honda's exeptionally steep (my opinion) labour rates .

My CR-V airbag light is on most of the time when i drive . A friendly local garage has run a diagnosis on this and informed me that there is a problem with the front passenger seatbelt and Mr. Honda would have to replace the whole anchorage on that belt :-(

I'm cringing at the thought of main dealer charges but i must get this done as apart from it being dangerous (no airbags will operate) it is a fail for M.O.T.

Has anybody out there had a similar problem which was sorted "sensibly" i.e. without borrowing from the world bank . lol

Any help would be received with thanks .

Top Reply

Thanks for the advice , it may be a sensor or something more serious . My whinge about main dealer prices still stands though . If £80 per hr. is reasonable then i'm in the wrong job . As far as running a cheaper motor is concerned , proportionately the cost of the repair would be higher and the chance of a cheaper (older ?) motor developing faults would be greater .
I am very happy with the CR-V and it tows my caravan well being
economic and having 4 wheel drive when needed . This is the first niggle that i've experienced with it otherwise i have no intention of changing it :-)
The idea of posting this problem here was to find out if anybody had experienced a similar problem to mine and how they repaired it .

All Replies

Honda CR-V 2005 - Airbag warning light - Collos25

Are you sure it is the seatbelt switch it is normally the seat occupancy sensor that plays up these are around £20 to buy.

Hi Andy ,
Thanks for replying , i can only quote my local garage told me after putting it on some sort of meter . They maintain that it is the seatbelt is the problem .
Thanks- Frank
Honda CR-V 2005 - Airbag warning light - Lygonos

It's portentially a problem affecting the safety of your car's inhabitants.

Pay up.

Yeah , thanks for that , i wouldn't want to harm any "inhabitants"would i !!!
Honda CR-V 2005 - Airbag warning light - Lygonos

I've had a couple of minor things fixed on our old CRV at a local dealer (as a result of the gaffer t***ting things in car parks...) and while the prices weren't cheap, labour rates were fairly low as everything is quite accessible and comes apart quickly eg under £100 for one of the headlamp scooshers, £50 for a heated door-mirror element.

If you're whinging about a £100-200 repair on a 6 grand car then maybe you need something cheaper to run.

If they are wanting ££££ then go with the indie if they can diagnose the fault but it may simply be a sensor at fault.

Edited by Lygonos on 20/01/2011 at 00:54

Thanks for the advice , it may be a sensor or something more serious . My whinge about main dealer prices still stands though . If £80 per hr. is reasonable then i'm in the wrong job . As far as running a cheaper motor is concerned , proportionately the cost of the repair would be higher and the chance of a cheaper (older ?) motor developing faults would be greater .
I am very happy with the CR-V and it tows my caravan well being
economic and having 4 wheel drive when needed . This is the first niggle that i've experienced with it otherwise i have no intention of changing it :-)
The idea of posting this problem here was to find out if anybody had experienced a similar problem to mine and how they repaired it .