7 seater people carrier advice - hypnotoad

hi i am looking to buy a 7 seater people carrier i am looking for some advice, i am scrapping my nissan serrana (its past its sell buy date) i am looking to spend between £3500 to £4500. i am thinking perhaps a td and it must have a/c (climate control would be better) with my nissan any long journeys and we were overheating.i thought a seat alhambra?? they seem well specked. any ideas would be appreciated as i amm very flexible.

Edited by hypnotoad on 15/01/2011 at 15:35

7 seater people carrier advice - Boulder2k9

A Seat Alhambra would be a good option especially with the PD engine as they last forever so don't be put off by too high a mileage, another possibility is a Vauxhall Zafira with the DTI engine. This engine is extremely robust but quite slow. Another great but often overlooked option is the Honda Stream, they are mainly petrol engine but due to being a VTEC engine are super reliable. Very good value used option. Most come with the option of 7 seats too.

7 seater people carrier advice - Victorbox

Depends whether you mean a seven-seater capable of seating seven adults in comfort for a long journey or the occasional seven-seater with the rear most seats only suitable for children or short journeys.

7 seater people carrier advice - fredthefifth

I owned an Alhambra for 4 years and it was a great motor. Def go for the 1.9 PD and check that the aircon works. Ask plenty of questions about the aircon, it can be prone to leaks that are expensive to fix. Some leaks need the dash to be removed which is nearly two days labour on its own. Other problem for me was the secondary heater but that was an easy glow plug fix.

fordgalaxy.org is a good resource.

FTF