VW Golf 1.6 TDI (2009) - Rear windscreen wiper - ah207

Silly question - but I can´t for the life of me figure out where on earth the rear windscreen wiper switch is. Doesn´t seem to be on the main wiper stalk. I live in Portugal - so handbook is Portuguese. Hence the quesiton here.

Thanks in advance

VW Golf 1.6 TDI (2009) - Rear windscreen wiper - elekie&a/c doctor

Try pushing the wiper stalk away from you ;towards the front of the car,away from the steering wheel.hth

VW Golf 1.6 TDI (2009) - Rear windscreen wiper - ah207

Thanks. Tried it - doesn´t work! Also noticed that the reverse light doesn´t work either!! So much for a 2-week old car straight from the VW Dealer and which cost an arm and a leg. I´ve barely done 150 km on it! I´m fuming! Now it may be that there´s some gizmo that needs turning or, or turning off - but intuitive the controls definately aren´t!
Update! - ah207
Apologies for wasting everyone´s time (and bandwidth) in this forum with the original question. I read the manual more carefully (with the help of a native spaker) and lo! and behold, everything works. Its just that the rear wiper was set on the long interval sweep. I was being impatient by contsantly flicking the rear wiper stalk back and forth too quickly - hence it would just re-set to time zero with every flick.

The reverse light also works perfectly fine - although its not as bright as those on other models and makes.

You really do need to delve into the manual as several functions need to be enabled, or set before they can be accessed.

The car is only 14 months old - and had been used for almost a year as a company car (with 18K kilometers on the clock) when it was returned to the VW dealer). I hope to be using it for a LONG long time into the future.

Now, if I only I could get rid of my 1997 Peugeot 306....which most likely will never get driven again.