04 fiesta 1.4 zetec - fiesta wont start! - nnicks

Hi, looking for some help with a 2004 fiesta zetec.

Tryed starting it this morning and i get all the lights,radio,fans but when i turn the key again to start the engine,nothing at all happens. No noises, no clicks no attempt to tick over at all.

The digital temp gauge is reading high and is flashing but engine has not been started in 3days and also immobiliser light flashing.

Any ideas??? do i have a duff immobiliser???

cheers, nick

04 fiesta 1.4 zetec - fiesta wont start! - jj74

hi, think it mite be your imoblizer as my car is doing the same and i have a focus. have been told to take of the both leads to the battery then join them together for 10 min as this will reset the ecu back to factory settings. i am going to try this tomorrow. o and dont leave your keys in the car when you do this. thanks

04 fiesta 1.4 zetec - fiesta wont start! - elekie&a/c doctor

Immobiliser systems on Ford cars rarely give trouble.I think I would be looking at a low battery or connection problems.The starter/crank system is controlled via the engine management system and a low battery condition will cause the system to malfunction.hth

04 fiesta 1.4 zetec - fiesta wont start! - jj74

battery is fine on my focus. and my imoblizer light keeps flashing like this lads. i have been told by a car tecnition to do what i said earlier otherwise its the main dealers. as if you put a screwdriver cross on starter then it turns over just will not from key as the imoblizer is stoping it.

04 fiesta 1.4 zetec - fiesta wont start! - fordman1

battery is fine on my focus. and my imoblizer light keeps flashing like this lads. i have been told by a car tecnition to do what i said earlier otherwise its the main dealers. as if you put a screwdriver cross on starter then it turns over just will not from key as the imoblizer is stoping it.

Has the battery gone flat in your Key?

That can stop the immobiliser from disengaging.

04 fiesta 1.4 zetec - fiesta wont start! - nnicks

Hi, thanks for your input guys.

I'll get the battery checked today, just incase.

I dont think i have a battery in my key. the 2 keys i have are just black hard plastic with a small blue bit at the top whitch says W1 on it???

The car also has a cobra alarm whitch was fitted when we bought the car. the key ring fob has two buttons,one disables the alarm and opens the central locking and the other is just an alarm test. This seems to be working fine and i didnt think this was causing any probs as i thought i was a factory fit immobiliser.

Or could i be wrong???

04 fiesta 1.4 zetec - fiesta wont start! - madf

Immobilisers which are not standrad are notorious for failing after a few years...

04 fiesta 1.4 zetec - fiesta wont start! - hendaz123
Hi did you get this problem fixed with the fiesta? just I'm having the same problem with what you described thanks Sean
04 fiesta 1.4 zetec - fiesta wont start! - Avant

Moved to Technical.