2006 Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi Ghia - Estate - Remote releases doors but not boot. - scott28

Hello, my problem is the boot release. When you press the button to open the doors on the central locking, the boot does not open. To open the boot, you have to press the boot release button. This may not sound as tho its a problem as such but is soooooo annoying, especially say when I pick someone up and they need to put something in the boot - I have to switch the engine off and "pop the boot"

It has stopped working all of a sudden by the way - the open doors button used to open all the doors and the boot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2006 Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi Ghia - Estate - Remote releases doors but not boot. - Collos25

Solonoid on boot lock,

2006 Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi Ghia - Estate - Remote releases doors but not boot. - scott28

Solonoid on boot lock,

Hi - thanks for this but I aint got a clue what you are talking about or what I need to do to resolve the problem - can you elaborate ?

2006 Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi Ghia - Estate - Remote releases doors but not boot. - Avant

Moved to Technical - although the advice you already have could well have answered the question!

2006 Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi Ghia - Estate - Remote releases doors but not boot. - Ian Budden

I have exactly the same problem, did you solve it?

Ask Honest John

Value my car