Peugeot 307 2.0 HDI - Loss of power, no real acceleration - carbiff

Hi I'm new to this and as my names suggests a bit of a car biff, but not totally. I have a 02 plate 307 2.0l HDI. I've just had the alternator belt and battery replaced and a subsequent software reset aswell at a Peugeot dealer. Car has been fine since Monday when I got it back. Drove to the shop today and it was fine. Got in the car to come home, when the car turns over, it feels like the car is rattling and that the engine missing a beat, when I drive it there seems to be no power when I change gear either just driving along, go to turn in a junction there is no power when I press down on the accelerator. I'm at a loss to what could be the problem any ideas so I can get out in the garage and see if any tips work. Cheers Si

Peugeot 307 2.0 HDI - Loss of power, no real acceleration - Collos25

The car has gone into limp home mode the reasons are numerous but I would take it back to the dealers and have read the codes,an outside guess I would say you have turbo trouble or injector problems .

Edited by Andy Bairsto on 23/12/2010 at 18:18

Peugeot 307 2.0 HDI - Loss of power, no real acceleration - mickeybo

engine code would help found passanger side windscreen 6-7 8 letters on vin no's

Best Regards Mickeybo

Peugeot 307 2.0 HDI - Loss of power, no real acceleration - Collos25

What would that achieve its a 2.0 HDi engine common across the PAS range and some other manufacturers.Having had some work carried out very recently the best advice is to take it back have the codes read and take it from there it could be just a loose air/vacuum pipe or something more serious but until the ground work is carried out nobody will know any remote suggestions is purely guess work in this situation.

Peugeot 307 2.0 HDI - Loss of power, no real acceleration - carbiff

Hi mate, I'm just gonna take it back to the dealer, I give it a quick drive this morning up to the shop no better, and blowing white smoke out the exhaust aswell. Only had the full fuel system changed a couple of years ago (put petrol in, instead of diesel), so the repairs should still be covered if it's connected to the turbo or the fuel injectors. But your right back to the dealers. Ta Si