VW Golf III 1.8 Driver 1994..e.c ABS - VW Golf III wont start when warm - no1dunc

So here's the story,,,car died on me without warning while driving, started up again after a minute,drove for another half mile then died again.Went back to car after an hour, started fine, died after 1 mile, started after 10 minutes, drove for 1 mile, died, etc etc.. Got it home, noticed throttlebody flange was perished so got new one,(old one had actually split into two parts!) fitted it, same problem remained,started fine then died after half mile.Fuel pump fuse fine, petrol coming out of hose at throttlebody when engine turned over at key,so think fuel pump ok, getting a spark ok,(recent new dist. cap and rotor,new plugs and leads) battery fine. Cleaned out throttlebody with carb cleaner, cleaned various earth connections, noticed broken wire on two-pin connector on engine block.below flexi pipe,under left hand side of throttlebody, fixed that, re-assembled everything, car started fine, left it running til warm then switched off, wouldnt start again. Aaaargh! So next on my list is the ECU relay,no.30. I have a new one in my hand, but looking at the relay board,position 3 where the manual says it is, and also the guy at local VW dealer confirmed after giving him chassis no..is empty! Can anyone shed some light on this? Fuel pump relay seems fine, although I am replacing that tomorrow as well. Any suggestions welcome! I need my car.....

VW Golf III 1.8 Driver 1994..e.c ABS - VW Golf III wont start when warm - gogogolfy
My mk3 used to hesitate on acceleration (air mass meter failing) - so i unplugged the air box and apart from cycling revs, it worked fine - I later got another air mass meter for ~£50 off ebay ;).
It also used to try and die on me when pulling out at junctions etc - so after changing the sparks, ht leads, dizzy cap, rotor arm it was still doing it (tho there was a mild improvement). In the end I bought a new coil (£35 from gsfcarparts) and that solved the issue completly :) Now it runs fine, never tries to die on me and pulls up hills and down dales :) I suppose the coil must have been breaking down over time, so it just worse esp in the winter.
good luck
VW Golf III 1.8 Driver 1994..e.c ABS - VW Golf III wont start when warm - no1dunc

just started car up again in my garage, idling fine until it got slightly warm, then sort of a buzzing from throttlebody, then died. wierd. all electrical connections to it seem fine. Still not sure about ECU relay, wether to plug it in to the empty space where it should be?...

VW Golf III 1.8 Driver 1994..e.c ABS - VW Golf III wont start when warm - vwneil

I have exactly the same problem with a 1995 1.8 VW Vento 1.8 (ABS engine code). In fact I've just replaced all of the same parts, including the ECU and coil/electronic ignition, but still can't solve the cutting out problem ! Did anybody find a solution to this previous thread ? - getting desperate now !!