Mazda 3 ts2 2.0d 2008 - Sump oil rising fast - robertmazda3

The car has done 36k and is under so-called warranty.

Last month it was towed into a Mazda main dealer with the sump oil level very high, loss of power, uneven idle, and run-on after switch off (no dash warnings). The dealer reconfigured the injectors, made a service update to the ECU for the DPF warning setting.

Mazda refused the warranty claim saying this is a serviceable issue.

I note from the injector readings that one injector is way different to the other 3. I note that the sump oil has risen by over 10mm in the last 900 miles. That the fuel comsumption is 7% less than before. We live in the country so we tend not to poodle around; 2 x 50 mile trips in the last week.

I am not getting any satisfaction from the main dealer, or Mazda. I am really concerned that there is a significant issue here, and would like to resolve it before the warranty ri=uns out next April.

What should I do?

Mazda 3 ts2 2.0d 2008 - Sump oil rising fast - davmal
I've no experience of the "3", but if it has the infamous MZR CD engine, then you are probably one of many people who are suffering from the DPF aborted regeneration snags.
The DPF regenerates by burning off collected soot, using diesel which is injected into the exhaust system and effectively catches fire in the DPF, if this process isn't completed, the diesel is funnelled back to the sump thereby diluting the oil and causing the level to go up.
Failing to maintain the correct oil level can have disasterous consequences for the engine.
Try searching for Mazda diesel DPF problems on the "5" and "6" models.
My own experiences of Mazda customer services were not good ones:(
Mazda 3 ts2 2.0d 2008 - Sump oil rising fast - injection doc
you need to read this amoungst many other posts with mazda owners suffering similar issues.
mazda seem very good at shrugging their shoulders and blaming everthing but.
i would google Mazda Diesel DPF problems as suggested and contact watchdog as many owners have already but they need more !

195.10.244.9/forum/post/index.htm?t=83328

195.10.244.9/forum/post/index.htm?t=88117

195.10.244.9/forum/post/index.htm?t=84235 ( read this one first )

good luck
Mazda 3 ts2 2.0d 2008 - Sump oil rising fast - robertmazda3

Thanks for this info. Appears that I am in a group with a car that Mazda refuses to accept has any problems. I had another go at Mazda CS, who unbelieveably stated they had no technical support, that I would have to use a main dealer for help.

Anyway to show myself as the reasonable party should this come down to any future litigation, I did this. I gave Rivervale a miss as they were an absolute disgrace(absolutely no interest or suggestion as to what may be the cause), I gave Godfeys a call, At least they gave me 30 mins to discuss. We agreed to leave until the new year; between now and then I will do 2 x 200 mile trips. I will keep a very close eye on the oil level between now and then.

Mazda 3 ts2 2.0d 2008 - Sump oil rising fast - Big John

Have you had the oil changed yet? Oil + Diesel engine lubrication = potential engine failure. Don't rely on the warranty as the first thing they do is check for diesel contamination (or a history of contamination ) before turning down your very expensive claim. If you haven't had it changed I'd get it done BEFORE your trip.

This is a common issues with many makes of diesel cars with DPFs. The over-fueling cycle that is "supposed" to burn off the soot in the DPF can cause diesel to run down the bores into the sump. You can also get very poor fuel consumption during this process.